chapter 23: clash of Vigilantes, Scourge Vs. Stain

Continuing from the previous chapter

Having protected Midoriya from Stain's strike, Josh appeared as his vigilante form, Scourge, the leader of Villain Hunters.

Josh: (modified voice) After 4 years of hunting you down. (Orange/red eye gleam) I finally found you, Stain.

Stain: well, well. As I live and breathe, the villain hunter...Scourge. (Holds his sword up) let's see if you're worth trying to kill me.

Josh: (modified voice, Grips the curved, double edged sword) oh don't you worry about that.

The two vigilantes charge at each other as Midoriya, Iida and Todoroki were amazed with Scourge's fierce strength and amazing speed. Scourge had asked them to be ready. Iida came up with an idea when Todoroki had cools his mufflers and together with Scourge, they defeated Stain.

Josh: (voice modified) Thanks for your help, boys. (To Iida) I heard from Josh that you wanted revenge for your brother but remember, revenge doesn't solve anything. You understand?

Iida: yes.

Scourge leaves UA's students as they found some rope to bind the hero killer. Once he found another alleyway, Scourge deactivated his armour revealing his original armour.

Josh: (thinks) at least the heroes don't need to worry about the hero killer anymore....

?: (from the side) you've done great.

Josh: gah! Mum, Don't scare me like that! How's the city?

Nana: it's recovering. Josh, I saw them again.

Josh: who?

Nana: Shigaraki and Kirogiri. (Cheerful) anyway, let's get you to the hospital to get checked out.

The pair started to head to the hospital when Stain had killed a nomu and announced that both All-Might and Scourge were the ones who could kill him.

Nana: do you think that he's right?

Josh: dunno.

The next morning.
Josh is in a separate room from his classmates who has sustained injuries from their fight with Stain. After he got some stitches for a cut on his arm, Josh is on the phone with his girlfriend, Yaoyorozu.

Momo: (phone) I was completely worried about you when I heard the news. Did you sustain any injuries?

Josh: only a few cuts here and there.

Nana: don't forget that you also receive a scar from your shoulder to your hand.

Josh: (looks at Nana) Seriously, mum? You're going to get Yao-momo even more worried.

Momo: (on phone).....WHAT?! I thought I asked you to be careful! You're the class rep, Josh.

Josh: I know that. How did Akiza and Kendo react?

Momo: (on phone) both worried and very concerned. Especially Akiza. I think that Kisara told us about the attack by text message.

As they chat, Hosu's police commission arrived and asked Josh if he could announced Stain's arrest under his vigilante's name as Josh didn't want Endeavour to get the glory. Josh agrees with the police chief, Kenji Tsuragamae.

A little while later, Shimura is chatting with both Gran Torino and All-Might. All-Might mentioned that his police detective friend had informed him that an old enemy might be on the rise which made Shimura shake in fear.

Nana: (thinks, clinches her fists to the point of bleeding) no... I can't believe that the very person who was responsible for Akiza and Josh's parents deaths is still alive...

Gran Torino: I know that look, Nana. You should tell your adopted kids what really happened to their parents.

Nana: I know. It's just that I don’t know how they would react.

The next chapter: Akiza and Kisara's Internships