chapter 12: preparing for the final round

With the Calvary battle came to a close with four/five teams have made it to the finals. It's currently lunchtime as Todoroki decided to have a chat with Midoriya. On the other hand, Kendo is having a chat with Akiza.

Kendo: how did it go when you fought your brother during the Calvary battle, Akiza?

Akiza: like I was sparring with him. I kinda knew that he would hold back.

Kendo: really?

Akiza: yep. Speaking of which, have you seen him?

Kendo: I think that Fuyumi wanted to talk to him about her father's obsession.

Outside of the cafeteria, Fuyumi told Josh that her father, Endeavour made Shoto into what he is and his goal of taking All-Might from the top.

Josh: I see. You want me to show your old man that anyone can be the number one by trying to reach first place in the one-on-one matches?

Fuyumi: please. Have you ever heard of quirk related marriages?

Josh: kinda. My adopted mother mentioned them a couple of times. Wait, did Endeavour made Shoto's childhood a problem?

Fuyumi: yea. He brought off my mother's parents to get his hands on my mother's quirk. Of course, she hated her marriage with him cause of his obsession.

Josh learns more about his friend's childhood being a nightmare and promises his best friend that he'll try to take first place. Fuyumi was relived to hear him say that. As they head back to the cafeteria, the two friends came across a group of cheerleaders as they passed by them.

Fuyumi: I wonder why they're hear for?

Josh: probably to get the crowd railed up for the competition.

After lunch, the first years are fully energised and are back at the stadium. Once they have returned, they came across something very unusual. Nearly all the female members of Class 1-A were dressed in cheerleader uniforms and Akiza was very annoyed about being in the familiar uniform as her friends. In the stands, Shimura and Kaina were very surprised. Over in the commentary box, Present Mic and Aizawa were very confused.

Aizawa: what are they doing?

Present Mic: hold up (through speaker) Looks like Class 1-A is goin' full-on fanservice!

Down at the main coliseum, Yaoyorozu was very upset as Mineta and Kaminari chuckle in their accomplishment but was short lived when Josh hits their heads together, hard.

Mineta/Kaminari: Ow!

Josh: I want a full explanation for your trickery.

Kaminari: It was Mineta's fault!

Mineta: come on Josh. Don't you want to see Yaoyorozu in a cheerleader uniform?

Josh: (angrily) not as a pervert, you idiot! You are to go to the girls and apologise for tricking them.

Mineta: but-

Josh: (angry) After explaining why you tricked them.

Earlier, during lunch.

Mineta and Kaminari were chatting with Akiza and Momo about a "cheerleader" battle. Kaminari tried to tell Mineta not to get Akiza involved with their devious scheme but was ignored.

Mineta: Come on, Kaminari. Imagine Akiza dressed up as a cheerleader like our classmates.

Kaminari: it's an idea but have you ever thought if Josh catches us? I'd hate to imagine what would happen if he did.

Eventually they find Yaoyorozu and Akiza. Kaminari was forced to go along with Mineta's scheme.

Kaminari: Yaoyorozu. Akiza.

Momo: Uh-huh, do you need something?

Mineta: Well, I'm sure you already know since you're like, a class rep...
But they said all the girls have to wear those uniforms for the big cheer battle this afternoon.

The two girls saw a group of guests heading out of the cafeteria as Josh and Fuyumi pass them.

Akiza: (blushes in uncertainty) HUH?!

Momo: That's odd. This is the first I'm hearing about it. Are you sure?

Mineta: of course. You don't have to believe me if you wanna get in trouble. You can double check with Josh if you want but this is coming from Mr. Aizawa.

After they explained what transpired during lunch, Josh was very angry with them and knocks their heads together, hard the second time. Yaoyorozu was upset as she collapses to her knees as Ochacuo pats her back in sympathy.

Momo: why do I always fall for Mineta's stupid schemes? I even had to use my quirk to create these...

Akiza: (Throws her pom poms in anger) ugh! I hate being tricked! Those morons are going to regret it!

Hagakure: Well, we do have a little time before the finals start, and I kinda like these uniforms, so... How 'bout we just roll with it?

Akiza: You lot can roll with it all you want but once they put up the first round of the one-on-one matches, I'm getting back into my P.E uniform.

After regrouping with the others, Josh tried his best not to stare at Yaoyorozu and he commented that she looked nice in general. Yaoyorozu blushes in happiness and she thanked him. Before they started with the drawing of the matches, a couple of students withdraw due to some uncertainty during the Calvary battle and Midnight allowed them to be withdrawn. Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki were moved to the drawing of the matches. After the drawing of the matches, Midoriya was up against a student called Shinso from general studies. Todoroki's match is up against his classmate, Sero. Shiozaki is up against Shoto's sister, Fuyumi as the third match. Mina is pitted against Aoyama for the sixth match. For the fourth match was between Iida and a student called Mei Hatsume from support.

Josh: I wonder who I'm against. (Sees who is his opponent for the first round, Yaoyorozu) let's have an honourable match.

Momo: I'll give it my all.

After seeing who she'll be up against for her Match, Akiza looked confused.

Akiza: Uraraka? Who is that?

Ochacuo: That's me.

Akiza: I'll be holding back during our match.

Suddenly, Tetsutetsu and Kirishima were annoyed when they were pitted against each other as a redundant match up.

Tetsutetsu/ Kirishima: Seriously?! How does this keep happening?!

After the pair ups, the side games were under way for a little while as the combatants ready themselves for the match ups. Shimura went to check on All-Might and wishes Midoriya the best of luck for his match.

The next chapter: the tournament