chapter 10: the race

Having reached the first obstacle, Todoroki and the others came face to face with robots from the entrance exams.

Josh: What the?! How did the school have time to create these?

Todoroki uses his ice to freeze the robots as he goes on ahead. Summoned a cannon on his arm, Josh destroys some as Yaoyorozu creates a cannon and does the same. In the stadium, Kaina and Shimura were impressed with what's going on. Back at the race, Josh overhears something wrong as Yaoyorozu was in distress.

Momo: get lost, Mineta!

Mineta: no chance. I want a-ack!

Josh had a mace with chain and knocks Mineta far from his girlfriend. Yaoyorozu thanked him for protecting her. Eventually they reached the second obstacle. Using a different version of his mace with chain, Josh was about to launch himself when he felt someone hanging on to him.

Josh: Momo?

Momo: you don't mind if I hang on to you as you clear the second obstacle? I don’t want to see Mineta trying to get on my back again.

Josh: (shurgs) As long as you hang on tight.

Yaoyorozu does so as Josh jumps from stone pillar to pillar. Akiza is already up ahead with some of the other students. She came to a stop as she reached the final obstacle.

Akiza: (thinks) this is going to be a problem. How am I supposed to reach the other side if I can't see the hidden Mines?

Despite of not seeing the mines, Akiza carefully moves forward while she has a walking stick made of her rose vines.

In the stadium, Kaina and Shimura were equally impressed on how Akiza is doing.

Kaina: looks like that Akiza is doing well. Shame can't be said about Josh.

Shimura: he's currently tied with Yaoyorozu in tenth place.

Kaina agrees with her. During the race, Yaoyorozu made something to protect herself from the mines which Josh has something to watch himself from stepping on a few. Midoriya was busy digging up the mines in hopes of getting to first place.  Sometime later the results were in for the next round. Josh was tied with Yaoyorozu in tenth place and Akiza is tied with her fellow vine user, Shiozaki in 4th. Josh went over to his sister and congratulate her. While they were chatting, the next round was announced as the Calvary battle.

Akiza: Hey, Josh? I think that Shoto wants to talk to you about something.

Josh notices that Shoto was approaching them. He went over to him and was recruited as a member of his team with Iida and Yaoyorozu.

Shoto: I choose you three because I believe we'll make for the most stable formation possible. Josh will be our left. Yaoyorozu, our right. And Iida will be our front.

Iida: and you'll be attacking and defending with Ice and fire, correct?

Shoto: not quite. I'll be fighting with ice while Josh will be attacking with his flame thrower. (To Josh) you can recreate a flame thrower, right?

Josh transforms his left arm into a two in one weapon. With its appearance and design, Shoto and the other two were convinced that He'll be able to protect their left.

 With its appearance and design, Shoto and the other two were convinced that He'll be able to protect their left

(One of Josh's best weapons)

Josh: (Raises his weapon with the barrel pointing to the sky) does this answer your question?

Unknown to them, Midoriya had asked Akiza to be his teammate.

The next chapter: Calvary battle