chapter 8: aftermath of USJ

News of the attack at the USJ circulate during the next few days as the school was closed. During that time, Josh and his sister made that time to train and hang out with some of their friends. Akiza learns something from Yaoyorozu, who admits that whenever she's around her brother, Yaoyorozu blushes.

Akiza: Is it possible that you like my brother?

Momo: i-it's possible.

Akiza encourages her friend to tell him. Luckily, she did, and Josh returned the same feelings to her as Shimura was happy with the news. But her joy was short-lived as Josh came back with a letter from their aunt who is currently in prison.

Shimura: A letter from your aunt? Who's your aunt?

Akiza: Kaina Tsutsumi. A former hero who used to work for the hero public safety commission... (gets angry and clinches her fist) those bastards...

Josh explains that it's partly their fault that he and his sister were without a caretaker or their parents until they met Nana.

Josh: You don't mind if Akiza and I read the letter?

Shimura: Sure.

The pair went to the lounge room and read their letter from their aunt.

Kaina: (letter) Hey guys. I hope that you two aren't causing any problems for your adopted mother. I wish that we could be able to live together as a family of three but we know that would be impossible for now. (At a super prison, Tartarus. A woman with pink hair and indigo streaks is writing her letter to her nephew and niece) I've heard about the USJ and hoped that you two are okay. Josh, please continue to protect your sister. And Akiza? Continue to support your brother and adopted mother. Love you both. Your aunt, Kaina.

Immediately after reading their letter, the siblings wrote back to tell their aunt that they were ok. Shimura had arranged a surprise for her adopted children. Soon, school returned to normal. While they waited for their home room teacher to arrive, most of Class 1-A were talking about the news report.

Hagakure: Hey guys. Did you see the news about the incident? Most of the news reporters interviewed Josh and Akiza about their bravery in protecting us while our teachers were out.

Josh: Relax, Hagakure. It's not every day that you have a couple of classmates who know how to fight against villains.

Kaminari: What's there to relax? You two are like the pros!

Akiza: Didn't we ask you not to compare us to the pros?

Kirishima: Oh, right.

Mineta panics as Josh was annoyed about it. Then Aizawa arrived covered in bandages covering his wounds from the incident a few days ago.

Aizawa: Our fight isn't over yet.

The students started to tense up as a few guesses if it was villains.

Aizawa: The UA sports festival is about to begin.

The class was excited as Aizawa calmed them down and told them about the pro heroes who would be watching them compete in hopes of getting scouted. Later that day, 1-A was having a lot of students studying them.

Akiza: What's with the crowd?

Iida: (rises his hand) Do you have any business with our class?

Josh: Can you remove yourselves from the entrance? You blocked our way out.

Then Bakugo walks over as he states that the rest of the first years are scouting out the competition.

Baguko: At least you know what a real pro looks like. So move it extras.

Josh/Iida: (shakes his fist in embarrassment) You can't go calling people extras just because you don't know who they are, You fool!

One of the students appeared and declared war with class 1-A. After school, Shimura takes her adopted children to Tartarus.

Josh: Hey, mum? Why are you taking us to Tartarus? Are we in trouble?

Shimura: You're not in trouble.

Akiza: Then why are we going to Tartarus?

The siblings got their answer when they saw their aunt, Kaina Tsutsumi. Kaina thanked Nana for organising a visit.

Kaina: it's nice to see that you two are doing well.

Akiza: You did ensure that we survived until someone special to adopt us.

Kaina: And I'm proud of you both. Especially you, Josh. Nice work of protecting your sister. What have you been up to?

Josh explains that they are going to compete in the sports festival. Nana was making some arrangements for their aunt to be released from prison to live with them. The prison warden allows Kaina to live with them.

The next chapter: sports festival