four

saylor

a little over two weeks after our show in milan, we've finished our european leg of the tour. we had a week "break" when we got back to the united states, but it was filled with so many interviews and whatnot that i'd hardly call it that.

we're now in los angeles, which jessie seems to be ecstatic about. she was excited last time, but she's really excited this time. i think her and billie have plans to meet up, (which is still crazy to think that they're talking to the billie eilish) so i think that's playing a huge part in why she's excited. i also think billie is coming to the show tonight.

which, again, is crazy as hell.

anyways, we're currently at the venue for tonight's show. we're about to start soundcheck, as soon as everybody's ready. i was standing with my guitar strapped over my shoulder as i waited.

alex let out a deep sigh as they threw their head back. they rubbed at their eyes before they looked forward again. "can we start now?"

they were a few murmurs between some of the people on our team. eventually, we were given the go ahead.

alex glanced between the three of us. "are y'all ready?"

we all nodded. alex smirked before they strummed a set of chords. i let out a small laugh as i thought back to our first show in los angeles, where they played the same song for the first song of soundcheck.

"i hopped off the plane at lax with a dream and my cardigan," alex sang into their headset mic as they moved around the stage. "welcome to the land of fame excess. am i gonna fit in?"

i played my guitar as i watched alex. they had a stupid grin as they sang the song, even head-banging to it, which made me grin. alex doesn't seem like the type who would listen to a song like this, much less love it. in a recent interview, when asked about each of our tastes in music genres and whatnot, they revealed that they don't care about what genre a song is.

"look, i honestly don't care what genre a song is. if it's a good song, and i like it, then i'm not gonna not listen to it because it's so-and-so genre, you know? that's stupid. it irks me when people disregard an entire genre of music for whatever reason. i'm not afraid to say that i'll listen to a country song or a fuckin' screamo song, if they're good."

that's the most least expected, but also somehow the most expected, thing that alex could say in regards to their taste in music. they simultaneously seem like the type to be picky about the music that they listen to, but also not the type.

after we finished the song, we continued on with our normal soundcheck, with our own songs. we wrapped it up soon enough, so we now had a few hours of spare time until our show tonight.

"okay, i gotta go. love you guys, see you at the show," jessie gave a grin and a wave before they practically sprinted off the stage.

"damn," miguel snickered under his breath.

"what's she doing?" alex's brows furrowed as they tilted their head.

"going to see billie," i answered. "that sounds so weird to actually say."

"i just can't believe her delusions are coming true," alex muttered as they shook their head.

"they were manifesting," miguel gave a stupid grin.

"apparently so," i giggled.

alex shrugged. "in any case, billie seems to be whipped as hell too. the other night, i heard them on the phone, and they were going back and forth saying 'no, you're so idiot," alex made a face as they shuddered. "the fuck is that about?"