twenty-two

saylor

the day after alex's birthday, the band is in the practice building. we had been practicing for several hours now, and we just decided to take a break about five minutes ago.

since we decided to take a break, jessie and alex have been arguing and literally wrestling on the floor over the last cupcake.

"dude, come on," alex grunted. "it's my birthday cupcake, so let me have it!"

i guess i did bake them on alex's birthday (at eleven p.m. last night). while i did intend for them to be mainly for alex, i also had the intent of bringing them in tonight.

"one, you don't even celebrate your birthday, so don't try that bullshit," jessie pointed out frustratedly. "and two, it's not your birthday anymore, so suck it up, and deal with it!"

"it's still my birthday cupcake!"

miguel sat beside me on the couch, and he watched jessie and alex wrestle around. he tilted his head as he raised a brow, then turned to face me. "should we stop them?" he asked softly.

i hummed as i thought for a moment. "nah, they'll work it out. honestly, i find it entertaining."

he made a face of approval. "fair enough. i don't think they'll really hurt each other."

my face scrunched at that. "i don't know, miggy..." i trailed off uncertainly. "i think alex would actually beat someone's ass over food."

he sucked his teeth. "now that you say that... yeah. i think jess would too over a cupcake or some cookies."

he was silent for a moment. "so, do you think we should stop them now?"

only a few seconds after he said that, jessie let out a moan. we all looked at her blankly, and she gave alex a look. "see, i told you that i would moan if someone pulled my hair in a fight."

"you nasty, kinky bitch," alex accused.

"and what about it?!" jj responded with wide eyes.

"you're disgusting," alex shook their head. "i'm eating the cupcake; deal with it."

jess let out a childish whine as they sprawled out across the floor. "man, whatever. i'm too exhausted now to even want it."

alex flipped jessie off as they stood up, then walked over to grab the cupcake. once they grabbed it, they wasted no time in pulling the wrapper down and taking a bite out of it. they threw the wrapper away. i watched as they then walked over to the couch and sat in my lap.

jessie looked at us questioningly. admittedly, i was a bit surprised too, but i wasn't going to complain. "now, alex... you are way too tall to be sitting in her lap like that," jj teased lightly.

alex's brows furrowed as they got more comfortable in my lap. "no, i'm not. fuck off. i'll sit in her lap if i want!" despite saying this, they immediately turned to look at me and ask "do you mind if i sit in your lap, angel?"

"not at all," i couldn't help the cheesy grin that spread across my lips as i wrapped my arms around their waist.

"you do you, i guess," jj shrugged.