thirty-one

saylor

a handful of days after the band met our new photographer, the band is in the studio to record one of the songs for our debut album. thankfully, it's one of the last songs we have to record.

during the past few days, me and alex have been at my apartment. with alex there, i've felt fine being back there. i haven't seen arlo around the area since that night he followed me there, so that's also a big reason as to why i feel fine being back at my apartment.

also during the past few days, while alex has been at my apartment, they've been really clingy. don't get me wrong, they're pretty clingy to begin with (which is adorable), but they've been extra clingy these past couple of days. they've also been zoned out a lot, which is concerning. anytime i try to ask them about it though, they say that they're fine; they've said that they're just tired and ready to get the album done.

i don't know. i'm kinda worried about them.

right now, alex is sitting on one of the couches that is in the studio. they had just pulled me close to them; i was now standing in front of them. they wrapped their arms around me, and they buried their face into my stomach. as they did, i could see the tension in their body slowly melt away. they let out a content breath as they hugged me and as i threaded my hands through their hair.

i moved my hands down, and i cupped their face as i gently lifted it upwards. their chin was now propped against my stomach as they looked up at me. they had an almost miserable pout on their lips as they looked up at me. i tilted my head, and i pursed my lips as i looked down at them.

"you okay, lovey?" i asked them softly. i spoke lowly enough that only they would hear me.

they gave a small nod, but they didn't say anything. they shook my hands off of their face so that they could bury their face back into my stomach. i frowned.

when they door suddenly opened, alex jerked back, and they dropped their arms from around me. when they saw who entered the room, i swear i could see them tense up. their brows knitted downwards. my own brows furrowed at their reaction. when i turned and saw that it was devon, i raised a brow, then glanced back at alex.

maybe they didn't want her to see us like that, because they don't know if she'll spill to the public?

although me and alex have dropped some major hints over the past few months, our relationship is still speculation to the media and whatnot. we'd rather not say it outright and have people be in our business more than they already are.

i shrugged alex's reaction off to that reasoning. i greeted devon, as did jessie and miguel. like the day we were introduced to devon, alex didn't say anything to her.

i lowkey forgot that they're not good with new people.

"don't mind me; i just need a few pictures, and then i'll be out of your way," devon gave a small laugh.

alex subtly placed a hand on my waist to gently move me out of the way. they completely ignored devon as they walked over to jessie. "let me go ahead and record the vocals, and we can get that out of the way."

"oh, uh, yeah, sure, i guess," jessie mumbled as she started to click some things on the computer. "go ahead into the booth then."