thirty

alex

a few days me and saylor talked everything out, the band is in the record label building with laura. with our debut album being almost completed, we have plenty of things to discuss, such as all the promo we'll have to do, everything for our next tour, and so on.

"so, i know for the previous two tours, you all kinda just had a photographer every now and then, and never a set one," laura spoke as she looked between us all. "so, i've finally found one that i think will work best for you and will hopefully be permanent. she should be here any minute."

"isn't it a bit early to get a photographer for a tour that doesn't even have set dates?" i raised a brow.

laura waved me off. "she'll be around for more than the tour; i know what i'm doing, alex."

"yeah, she knows what she's doing, alex!" jessie teased.

before anybody could say anything else, there was a knock on the door. laura looked towards it. "oh, here she is."

laura walked over to the door to open it. when she opened it and the photographer walked in, my heart sunk, and i completely froze up.

i think i'm going to be sick.

i could only watch in frozen shock as laura let the photographer into the room we were in. they exchanged a few words that only they could hear before they both turned to face the four of us.

"i'll let you introduce yourself before i explain everything," laura gave a nod.

the photographer gave a smile and stepped forward. "my name is devon; you can call me that, dev, devvy," she listed. she looked directly at me, holding eye contact, as she said the last nickname. "i don't mind which one you call me."

"i'm jessie, but you can call me jj. it's nice to meet you," jess gave a wide grin as she stepped forward to shake her hand.

"likewise," devon gave a smile. miguel introduced himself as well, as did saylor.

"wow, you are so pretty," devon complimented saylor with wide eyes.

saylor let out a small laugh. "oh, thank you. you are too," she shook her hand, like jessie and miguel had done.

devon then moved to stand in front of me. even after all these years, she still had a few inches on me. i could hardly stand to look in her eyes.

"you must be alex then, right?" she tilted her head, feigning cluelessness as to who i was.

as she stood in front of me, i got a whiff of her perfume. it was a scent that i instantly recognized as the same perfume she wore back when we dated it. the scent brought back unwanted memories, leaving me even more miserable. despite this, i somehow managed to maintain a neutral expression... which in my case, is a resting bitch face.

when i didn't respond, i could see saylor look up at me out of the corner of my eye. she looked confused as her brows knitted together. devon feigned confusion as well.

"yes, that's alex," laura interrupted as she walked over to us. "excuse them, we're still working on their people skills," she gave an exaggerated smile as she grabbed my arm. i immediately shrugged her off and took a small step back. she sent me a stern look before stepping away again.

"anyways," laura clapped her hands together. "as i kind of mentioned before devon got here, she won't just be your photographer on your next tour. she'll also be attending some practice sessions, studio sessions, interviews, and such."

god, this just keeps getting worse.

i'm seriously going to be sick.

"i promise i won't be too invasive," devon joked. my chest tightened as she laughed. "i'll just take a few pictures here and there, that's all."