twenty-nine

alex

the night after the band's practice, i'm sitting on my living room floor surrounded by a few lego pieces, the instructions, and the box for the set. i looked at the instructions as i clicked the final pieces in.

saylor really loved the last lego flowers i made her, so i've spent the better part of the evening making her another one.

i pursed my lips as i stared at the final result. i let out a deep sigh as i let my forehead fall onto my knee, which was pulled to my chest. now that i had finished building it, i knew that i should text saylor about talking everything out.

we can't have the conversation until i'm sober, not hungover, and not pissed.

i'm sober, and i'm not hungover or pissed.

though... i am hungry.

that being said, i don't have any food here. i have ingredients, thanks to saylor, but i don't really have actual food that i could eat right this instant.

against my better judgement, i went ahead and texted saylor, without eating anything. i texted a simple "hey," and then waited for her to respond. an eternity seemed to pass before she did.

iMessages
mon ange

hey

hi

so about the other day
when can i see you to talk about it?

are you sober?
and not hungover?
or pissed?

yes
no
and no

mm
okay
i'm at my apartment, you can come over

you went back...?

miguel has been with me

oh
is he still there?

yes but he's about to leave

okay
i'll be there soon

alright

you know i love you, right?

i know
i love you too

you loved "i love you too"
.

i stared at my phone screen for a few moments as i read over the texts. i let out a long, deep breath, then pushed myself off the ground. i picked up the lego flowers, and i walked over to set them on the counter for now. i then made my way to my bedroom, where i made myself more presentable.

before long, i had made my way over to saylor's, and i was standing in front of her apartment door. with the lego bouquet in my left hand, i took a deep breath and raised my right fist to knock on the door. i lowered my fist back down to my side as i waited anxiously.

only a handful of seconds passed before the door opened. saylor looked up at me as we stood there. she was wearing a pair of grey, baggy sweats, paired with a tight fitting, cropped shirt. her hair was done up into a messy bun, and she seemingly had a coat of lip gloss on her lips.

the sight of her alone could've made me fall to my knees.

fuck, get your shit together, alex.