16

"So why do you do all this? With the toys and the kids?" Changbin asked as they drove home.

"It's something my mum used to do. She would visit Children's Hospitals all over the country and give out toys and things so the kids wouldn't be alone in a big scary place by themselves. She died nearly a year ago now, so I started doing this in her place."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did she die?"

"Brain tumour. When it was discovered, it had already spread pretty far so treatment wouldn't have been effective. Mum said she would like for her treatment to go to someone who needed it more. Even when she was dying, she was so selfless."

"She sounds like an angel."

"She was. She was my angel."

"All angels need a halo, and you were that halo Felix. I can imagine how proud of you she is. You're so strong." Changbin nearly brought himself to tears with the words he uttered softly to the boy beside him. Felix was crying again, taking Changbin's non-driving hand into his own.

"Thanks Binnie."

<...>

"Are you sure you want to come tonight? Today's been a rough day. You can just sleep here? I'll give you the good side of the bed?"

"Hyung I'm okay now, I was just a bit emotional."

"If you're sure then okay. Let's go."

<...>

"Okay so this table is reserved for our VIP guests so just sit here," Changbin explained, showing Felix to his seat.
"VIP? Why am I here then? I'm not a VIP?"

"You're my VIP tonight," Changbin said, the left side of his mouth twitching up into a smirk.

"Ah hyung you're so weird. Now go to work!" Felix made quick work of shooing him away, the older disappearing into the kitchen soon after. What was he going to do for 5 and a half hours? Deciding that aimlessly scrolling on his phone was a good idea, he pulled out the device and began his journey to find entertainment.

A few minutes later, a dish was placed in front of him. Realising this must've been a mistake, he shook his hand at the waiter that brought it over.

"Ah I'm sorry I didn't order anything," Felix stammered.

"Felix?"

"That's me."
"Then it's for you," the waiter replied with a smile, placing down the food and walking away. Felix was confused and resented the way his mouth watered at the sight in front of him on the table. He had assumed Changbin had sent him something so he would have something to eat while he waited. Cautiously, he picked up the cutlery that was laid out on the table and began twirling the pasta on his plate, around his fork. Almost moaning at the taste, he quickly covered his mouth to chew. Oh my god this is so good. Bringing another spoonful to his mouth, he almost didn't chew it. Scoffing it down, he was satisfied and rubbed his stomach, a habit he had kept from his childhood.

He wiped the sauce off his mouth and placed his cutlery neatly on the plate and sat back, a waiter coming over almost immediately to take his plate. Thanking the boy, he went back to his phone, scrolling through Changbin's Instagram that he'd found a few minutes ago. He was relatively absent on social media, only posting rarely and only showing off his friends on nights out and some random outfit picture that he was sure Chan took and forced him to post.

There were a few videos tucked away in the slideshows of photos and they featured songs. Well, Felix thought they were more like harsh raps, lyrics combining with rhythm and twisting into melodies, sometimes featuring two other voices, one he instantly recognised as Chan when the older spoke in English, his heavy Australian accent punching him in the face with pure shock. As he listened, he realised that Changbin was actually quite good at singing as well as rapping.