17

"Changbin!" Was the first thing that Changbin heard when he woke up the next morning, Chan hovering over his head.
"Jesus fucking Christ Chan. I already regret giving you a key."

"You love me, anyway, there's a cool movie on at the cinemas tonight, wanna come?"

"I work tonight Chan."

"Awh bummer, I forgot. Can't you take it off?"

"Chan we have like 20 bookings tonight, I can't just call in cause I want to go see a movie. Why don't you take someone else? What about Jisung?"

"He's busy with Minho, they're doing something tonight."

"What about Jeongin?" Felix emerged from behind Chan, rubbing his wet hair with a towel.

"Hell no! I'll fuck up and then he'll never talk to me again."

"Yah Chan, you think so lowly of Jeongin. Ask him. He'll say yes."

"Felix is right. Do it."

"Make me."

"Aight."

<...>

"Hey guys what's up?" Jeongin said as the three walked into the store, Chan suspiciously resistant. The others were on either side of Chan, holding his biceps so he didn't run away.

"Chan has something to ask you, Innie," Felix said, throwing the youngest a wink and letting go of Chan.

"We'll leave you to it," Changbin added, lightly petting Chan's butt in encouragement which, in Chan's eyes, did nothing to help at all.

The two walked out in sync, leaving a flustered Chan in their wake.
"5 bucks says he chickens out."

<...>

"What was all that about?" Jeongin said, eying Chan suspiciously.

"Uh, I'm not really sure to be honest. Anyway, uhm, I wanted to ask you something."

"Fire away," Jeongin said, resting his chin on his palms and smiling up at Chan over the counter. The instant KO to his heart made Chan lose his train of thought.

"I uh... Did you wanna, uhm. There's this movie I wanted to see, and well you see..." Chan was a mess, red as a tomato and avoiding eye contact as if his life depended on it.

"You want to take me on a date to see a movie?" Jeongin said, smiling widely.

"It doesn't have to be a date if you don't want to," Chan said quickly, flailing his hands about.

"It's not a date?"

"I mean, I'd like it, b-but if you don't want to then that's okay, sorry I shouldn't have even asked. God this is embarrassing." Chan couldn't even lift his gaze off the ground.

"I'd love to go on a date with you Chan. I get off work in about an hour. When's the movie?

"It's not for another 2 hours."
"Well then how's this," Jeonin started, grabbing the older's chin, forcing his eyes up and making him look him in the eyes. "We can go get dinner beforehand so we can fill up the time. How's that?"

Chan just nodded, his cheeks tinting redder the longer Jeongin held onto him.

"Good. Pick me up in an hour." Jeongin let go of the older man and moved back in his seat behind the counter.

"O-okay, thank you."

"Don't thank me Chan, it's my honest pleasure." Jeongin's smile was something that Chan would never get sick of.

The way his eyes disappeared and his dimples formed made Chan weak in the knees. Giving a shy wave, Chan left the store, the door closing before giving himself a celebratory fist pump. Unbeknownst to him, two figures stood by watching him as he did a heel click and spun around, doing some abominable mashup of an irish jig and an intensely choreographed dance.

"He's such a loser."
"Yah Changbin shut up. He's just in love."

"Gross."

Changbin slipped a $5 note into Felix's pocket with a sigh.

What a nice boy.