30

Felix's leg bounced up and down as he waited for his appointment. He had been having constant headaches and migraines for a long while now so he thought it would be good to get a doctor to look at it. Changbin was at work so it was the perfect time to do so.

20 mins passed before the doctor called out his name and he followed her into the small room, taking a seat on one of the available chairs.

"So Felix, what brings you in today?" She spoke, her soft voice calming him.

"Well, I've been having migraines really often and it's becoming hard for me to focus on things. And I'm also not sleeping very well."

"Alright, let me pull up your file really quick."

A few minutes passed as she clicked away on her computer.

"Okay it says here that your mum passed away from a cancer in her brain is that correct?"

"Yeah that's right."

"Okay so there's a high chance that you don't have cancer because the type your mum had was very rare and likely not genetic so I'll get you a prescription for medicine that will hopefully stop the migraines. If you still get the migraines or notice any other symptoms, either make an appointment or visit your local hospital. I would order an MRI but it's quite costly so we'll see how you go for the next two weeks and let the headaches die down."

"Sounds perfect," Felix said, smiling at her before taking the green prescription sheet from the doctor's hand and walking out.

It's okay Felix, it's probably not cancer.

He couldn't focus on anything else except the way his heartbeat skipped and his hands trembled.

<...>

Felix had picked up the prescription from the pharmacy and made his way back to his apartment, tossing the medicine on the counter. Sinking into his couch, he closed his eyes and let out a loud sigh. His stomach rumbled uncomfortably so he decided to make himself something to eat, deciding on some basic noodles. He didn't have the energy to make anything fancy.

Tasting the flavourless noodles, he wished Changbin was here to cook him something delicious. He had gotten used to the older man and his habits, always cooking for Felix, knowing of the boy's limited skills and how he would rub his temples when he was stressed or had a headache. He felt like he had taken advantage of the boy or at the very least, took him for granted. He missed him. Oh how Changbin affected him.

Felix's stomach rumbled again, this time, sending a sickening feeling through the boy's mouth. Felix ran to the bathroom, throwing his head into the toilet and emptying what little food he had eaten that day. The burn of the liquid scalded his aching throat as the bile no longer in his stomach swished in front of his eyes.

He felt awful.

He grabbed his chest, hoping somehow, it would relieve the tight feeling that caged him. He let salty tears flow from his eyes, crying out. But he wasn't going to live like this. He would make the most of it. Maybe he was selfish. Maybe he craved the happiness others got to feel in their old age. But maybe, just maybe, he wanted to live the rest of his life with the people he loved.

What a greedy boy.