Chapter 6

I walked back upstairs and grabbed some money. I put it in a small purse and left for the hangar. I hopped on a bus headed to the avenue in the downtown area.

After 10 or so minutes, I got off the bus. I walked into a store called "Dress Emporium". I thought that might be a good place to start.

I must have looked pretty confused because the lady running the shop came over to me and askes me if I needed some help looking for a dress. I politely took her up on her offer.

"It's for a funeral service. I haven't got a clue how fancy or dressed up I need to be. I'm not really a dressy person, if you get what I mean," I said.

"Alright. I'll set up a fitting room while you browse the shop to see if you can find something you like. May I have your name please?"

"Ahsoka."

She sped off towards the back of the store while I started rummaging through the nearest rack. There really wasn't anything that I absolutely loved.

The woman came running over with large heap of dresses slung over her arm. "I thought these might compliment your features. Would you like to try them on?" she asked. I nodded as she led me back to the fitting rooms.

"Now I have several different colors and options here. I didn't know what sort of thing you were looking for. I have some white dresses that I think will look lovely with your skin tones and standard black funeral-type dresses.

"Since deep blue is a common color for Alderaanian style funerals, I brought some in that color as well. Which would you like first?" she asked. I just took the dress on the top of her pile and walked into the dressing room.

The dress was white and fell just above my knees. The front had a wierd cut at the neck, so I tried on the next one. I didn't like it either. Most of the dresses I tried om were either too short or cut too low in the front for my liking.

Once I had tried on all the dresses she had brought out, the woman stood and thought for a minute. She then had a sudden bright expression and ran to the other side of the store. I just stood there.

She came racing back with a single dress. She gave it to me to try on, but I wasn't feeling that optimistic. I was so wrong.

This dress was made of a interesting blue fabric. It was light and breathed when I moved. It was kind of like my old combat suit. It wrapped around my neck and had an open diamond in the back where you can see my skin. The sleeves came down to my elbows and the bottom of the dress came down yo my ankles with a slit in the side up to my mid thigh.

I walkes out of the dressing room to show the lady helping me. She loved it as well. I decided to purchase it, and left the store. I walked over to the nearest shoe store.

There seemed to be an endless supply of shoes here. There were boots, heels, flats, sneakers, and everything in between. I decided to step out of my comfort zone a bit more and buy some heels.

I bought a pair that matched in color to my dress and headed back to the palace to try it all on together and move on with my day.