Chapter 31

I AM TELLING YOU NOW THAT THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM THE SEASON FINALE. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

---

"Our long awaited meeting has come at last."

His Inquisitors formed a semicircle around Vader and me as we began to circle each other.

"We need not be adversaries. The Emperor will show you mercy if you tell me where the remaining Jedi can be found."

"There are no Jedi," I said snappishly. "You and your Inquisitors have seen to that. I was begining to believe I knew who you were behind that mask. I used to think my master was still inside you, but Anakin Skywalker could never be as vile as you.

"Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him."

"Then I will avenge his death."

"Revenge is not the Jedi way."

"I'm no Jedi."

I ignited my sabers and took a deep breath before charging him. At the moment our lightsabers met, I knew this wasn't going to end well for either of us. He was my master, so he knows everything about my style and I about his.

This strokes were much more powerful than I remembered. I guess that's part of the Sith package. The familiarity of his movements brought back so many memories of sparring together, back before his descent to the dark side.

As the fight drew on, we both grew tired. We had traveled out of the temple walls to the cave (or whatever it was, I didn't know) surrounding it. I began to lose my balance, and Vader seized the oppurtunity to throw me off the ledge.

Catching my breath for a moment, I began to sit up. The temple was beginning to collapse. Kanan and Ezra, what could you have possibly done this time, I thought to myself. I could sense they were in danger, so I ran up the stairs, skipping as many steps as possible.

The damage looked worse the closer I got to the temple. It looked as if it was barley being held up by four bases around the corners. It hadn't collapsed completely yet, so that was a good sign.

As I ran towards the falling wall, I noticed Kanan and Ezra being pulled towards Vader. Ezra had apparently given up on the dark side. Kanan must've killed Maul. The Inquisitors and troopers were gone. Kanan was wearing a Jedi Temple guard's mask for some reason. I had no idea where he got it or why he was wearing it, but something must've happened. Nothing seemed to be working out for either of them the entire day so far.

Making a quick decision, I ran full speed towards Vader's back. He noticed me just as I jumped and cut open part of his mask, breaking his concentration. I fell to the floor in front of him, and he stumbled to the ground.

I could hear his heavy breathing as he tried to recover. "Ahsoka," he said softly. I was able to hear his human voice instead of the usual emotionless mechanized voice.

I turned my head. "Anakin," I said. I couldn't help but notice his red and menacing eyes. They were no longer the blue I remembered. There was no denying it at that point. My master had turned to the dark side, and it had completely consumed him.

We both stood up. The temple was going to collapse within the next few minutes. Ezra and Kanan were already back at the Phantom. I could've easily tured around and left with them. I almost did, but I felt a pang of guilt haunting me ever since I left the Order.

I took a deep breath before speaking. "I won't leave you, not this time."

We stared at each other for what felt like a lifetime, reflecting on the past. The last time I abandoned my master, he turned to the dark side amd destroyed all that was good. Would things have been different had I stayed in the Order? Did I make the right decision?

I could only guess at what went through his head. With all the things he has experienced, I didn't expect a kind answer.

"Then you will die," he said, walking towards me.

"Ahsoka!" Ezra shouted. He began towards us. I used the force to push him past the walls of the temple. "NO!"

Vader and I continued to fight until the temple walls had completely collapsed. The ground shook, and we both stumbled. I sheathed my lightsabers.

"I'm sorry."

Before I could say anything more, the temple exploded in a burst of energy. I was thrown to the ground as chunks of the ceiling fell on top of me. There was one last forceful wave, and I was thrown from the platform.