Chapter 30

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates!!! My teachers decided that it would be a good idea to give us mounds of homework since we don't have lives outside of school, right? I mean really—my biology teacher gave a quiz every single day for two weeks. Guess how many notes we took in that class? None. Thanks teacher for doing your job 😑.

JUST FAIR WARNING the next couple chapters will not line up exactly with the Rebels season finale since they are written before they came out. Once I watch it, the dialogue may start to line up.

Feel free to vote and comment!!! May the force be with you.

---

The trip back to the temple was dreadful. The Empire can't make anything I do easy. After narrowly escaping a star destroyer more than once, we made it. The temple was the same as the last time I'd been there recently, so it was therefore unexciting. Alema, on the other hand, was extatic. During Order 66, she left all of her research and hadn't come back to retrieve it.

Once we had put all our stuff in the medical wing, we part ways. Alema made her way further into the medical wing while I went to the archives to study. There was so much I wanted to learn.

The holocrons about force wielding were very interesting. There was so much information to absorb. Little by little, I started getting thr hang of new concepts and abilities. Alema had even said that I had started to glow a little bit.

I spent a great deal of time with Alema. We talked together, ate together, and trained together. She was actually pretty good with a saber. After about a year's time, I had healed. During my long hours of research, I learned quite a bit about the living force.

The holocron Lux had referred to was the Tedryn holocron. Since it could only be opened by a Jedi, I had to get Alema to open it for me. It contained information on the history of the Jedi Order starting at the formation of the Order and ending 200 or so years ago.

Influencing midichlorians is possible. Based on the information I found and ablilities I learned, I was able to re-energize midichlorians using my own life force. It wasn't as physically demanding as I anticipated and got easier with practice. It made sense when I thought about it. How else was the daughter able to revive me after I died on Mortis?

After giving much thought, I decided to take Kanan and Ezra with me to look for answers, starting with how to beat the Inquisitors. I would need back-up if Vader and his Inquisitors were inside. Plus, it would be good for them to learn a bit more about their adversaries.

The ride there was fairly uneventful. I meditated in the back room, and Kanan and Ezra we doing force knows what. They were unusually quiet, which worried me. By the time we reached Moraband, though, the ship was in one piece, so they couldn't have been doing anything too bad.

The planet itself was worse than I imagined it would be. It was sort of like a Sith-meets-Tatooine typed thing. There was sand everywhere, and the whole planet seemed to be tinted red. The dark side was very strong on this planet; I could sense it before I left the ship. It felt cold and made me uneasy.

Kanan and Ezra didn't know what to make of the place either. I could tell by their lack of speech that they also felt uncomfortable.

"You hanging in there, guys?" I shouted back to them. The wind made it difficult for my voice to be heard.

"Yeah, we're okay," Kanan replied, glancing down at Ezra.

"Good."

"Can we go inside somewhere?" Ezra shouted. "What about there?" he asked, pointing towards what looked like an abandoned temple.