Chapter 27

Let me start off by saying that getting captured by Imperial Officers was definitely not on my to-do list. I never would have been anywhere near them had Vader decided to just come face me himself, but no. He brought along two of his inquisitor buddies and more stormtroopers than I felt like counting.

I was trapped, and I walked right into it. Vader, flanked by two inquisitors, was in front of me. All of the stormtroopers and officers were behind me. I was running down the hall, and I turned my head to make sure I wasn't being follwed. I didn't realize Vader was there until I ran into him head-on. The troopers came up behind me and shot at me occasionally while dueling.

I was actually doing relatively okay until one of the laser blasts hit the exposed part of my right arm. Without both of my sabers, I was not able to fight off everyone. The only reason they didn't kill me on the spot was because of Vader. He refused to let them and told them to take me prisoner instead.

Vader, Tarkin, and I stood alone. I could feel the tension between the three of us.

Tarkin spoke. "Ahsoka Tano. I remember you very clearly. You were that Jedi Padawan that narrowly escaped being charged guilty. If I was not able to prove you guilty then, I am certainly going to right now."

"Guilty of what, may I ask?"

"Treason against the Empire."

"Treason is all relative, Tarkin. I am loyal to the Replublic, Jedi Order, and democracy. Every single Imperial supporter is a traitor to the Republic."

"I'm afraid the rest of the galaxy does not see it that way. This station was designed to target and destroy the Old Repulic and the Rebellion. Soon after this station is operational, we will have the ability to destroy entire planets.

I looked out the window, but didn't see emtpy space. There was a blue planet.

"What?" I heard someone scream. "Alderaan is a peaceful planet, we have no weapons!"

The planet exploded. It was the same vision I'd been having for a while, except much clearer. The Death Star's first target will be Alderaan.

I was vaguely aware of Tarkin rambling on about how happy he was going to be once I was dead (or something like that) until he started talking about a rebel base.

"You know where it is, don't you?" He said, placing a firm hand under my chin.

Shaking my head to break free, I responded, "Yes, I do. I'd rather die than tell you anything."

"That can be arranged. Vader, kill her."

"You do not give me orders, Tarkin."

Tarkin looked like someone had just thrown a piece of Jogan fruit at his face.

Vader continued to speak. "Nevertheless, we need that information. I will personally see to that."

"Very well, then. I will leave you two alone then." Tarkin hesitated before leaving the room, as if hoping Vader would let him at me or something.

We were silent for a few moments.

Ahsoka, why did you have to leave? whispered Anakin's voice. Not Vader's but my master's. He must have communicated telepathically.

"We both know the answer to that question," I said out loud. "I was framed, hunted, and betrayed. I couldn't trust them or myself, so I left."

Why did you have to leave me? I trusted you, I believed in you, I did my best to protect you, I-"

"Master, I am grateful for all of your training, trust, and guidance during the war. You were my brother, Anakin. You had everything going for you: a career, a wife, a reputation......You understood wanting to walk away from the Order, so you knew why I wanted to go."

I missed you.

"I miss you too, Skyguy. Even right now, I miss my Master."

Do you know why I have done what I've done? Do you know how powerful I've become?

"I feel your anger and hate, but not you. Your emotions radiate from you more than your own force signature. I will never understand why you have given up everything to become the monster I see before me today."

His voiced returned to the mechanical and emotionless version. "Where is the rebels base?"

"I have told you that I will never tell you."

"As you wish, but I still need the information."

He stuck out his hand and entered my mind through the force. I put up my mental shields, so he didn't get much that way.

"I have grown stronger, just as you have," I remarked.

"I see." His lit up his saber and pointed it at me.

"I have discovered a power that we both share, but you have not learned to harness it as I have." And probably never will, I thought to myself.

"What is it? What power?" He asked greedily.

"This."

I did something I'd been practicing for a while. I held the blade of his saber and pushed the blade back into the hilt. It had taken lots of practice in order to pull it off.

He stared at his lightsaber, dumbfounded. I seized the oppurtunity to use the force to call my lightsabers back to me from across the room. Once they were secure on my belt, I bolted from the room. Vader was persuing me as fast as he was able to.

I made it to the hangar without any issues. Once there, however, I was met with more troopers.

"This day just keeps getting better and better," I muttered to myself.

I used the force to create a massive wave to push them back. It left me very dizzy, and I was struggling to run in a straight line. They were stunned for a second or two, which gave me just enough time to locate a TIE fighter.

It was strange to think that I'd never really been inside a TIE before. They have been all over the place since the early Empire, but I never got my hands at one until now. I was a bit excited.

Life was great until I remembered that TIEs don't have hyperdrives. Whoops. Minutes later, fighters came out to attack.

My dizziness still hadn't gone away. My flying was probably no where near satisfactory. My head really hurt. I did my best to dodge them all, but left wing got hit. The fighter spiraled out of control towards the planet below. I tried to brace for impact, but I didn't really have anywhere to go.

The last thing I saw before I blacked out was a ship coming out of hyperspace and the planet's surface growing closer to me.