Chapter 9

I made it 5 steps into the hall and twisted my ankle with my shoes. This, folks, is why one should not wear high heel shoes. It was only sprained, but I could not put any weight on that foot without moaning.

Stormtroopers eventually caught up to me. I decided to try this whole force weilder stuff out to make sure it works. As a blast came towards me, I stuck my hand out to block it, and it disappeared. Huh.

I used the force to push over the troopers, and was greeted by Vader himself. Not having a weapong handy, I just stood there. Vader came closer.

He swung down at me, but I grabbed his saber in my hand. He was obviously startled, because I was able to deactivate it and force push him against the back wall. I hobbled along as quickly as I could and was able to make it (barely) to the lift.

Once inside, I fell over. The elevator rocked, and stopped. I almost screamed. It is just so not fair that I am stuck in a lift with a sprained ankle after fighting a Sith at my best friend's funeral. Doesn't that seem a bit much to handle?

I tried to stand up, but I just kept falling again. Not good. I felt a presence enter the otherwise empty lift. I looked up. A force ghost materialized in front of me.

"Here, let me help you," it said. That voice. It belonged to Lux! I took his hand, and he helped pull me up. I stumbled a bit once I was on my feet, but he caught me. He seemed solid enough, even though he was a sort of ghost, so I wrapped my arms around him in a huge hug.

"Lux! I have missed you so much! How are you here? How are you able to speak to me?"

"It's complicated, but I'll try to explain it as best I can. I'm not sensitive to the force, but you are. You have special powers, Ahsoka. I'm the same as I was before I died. I can appear to you whenever you want. I can be as real or as abstract as you want me to be."

"So, you're still dead then?"

"Yeah. I wish I could be right there with you, but I can't."

"It's my fault you died. I should have just given him the information, or tried harder. Then I could have saved you. We could have escaped, and...and been happy....together....or something. Something other than the way it is right now."

"Hey, it's not your fault. I knew the risks. You can't blame yourself for the sacrifices others have made. It will only hold you back. Plus, I knew I was going to die there. I just did. That's why I said goodbye before we split ways."

"But-"

"No buts. It was my choice, and you were spectacular, as always. Don't feel bad."

"I'll try not to. Lux, I have to ask you something. When we split up, why-"

"Did I kiss you like that? I might never have gotten the nerve to do it had I not been so sure I was going to die before seeing you again. I wanted you to know for sure how I felt about you."

I blushed. "I've felt that way ever since we met. I tried to hide it for the longest time so I wouldn't be expelled from the order, but I couldn't just cast my emotions away. I guess that doesn't matter anymore, since I'm no longer a Jedi."

It was his turn to speak. "I wish I would've made a move earlier. We could have been together for a while. At least now, there's no need to cover up how we feel about each other."

"I met your older brother today. He told me a bit about your conversations with him about me." It was Lux's turn to blush. I moved my hand to where the locket rested on my chest. "This is beautiful, you know. I love it. Thanks. I'm sure it wasn't all his idea."

"I originally bought it and was going to give it to you after the battle of Onderon and confess my feelings then, but I chickened out. I have regretted not doing it ever since. I don't remember exactly how he got his hands on it."

"Hey, we are together now. That's what matters. I was an emotional disaster on Onderon, so not saying anything probably worked out better."

His form started to flicker. "I have to go. I can only stay for a short period of time."

"Can't you stay for a little longer? I thought you were gone for good, and we just-"

"No. The force won't allow me. I'm really sorry. I wish I could stay by your side forever, but I can't. I'll see to you again in some way. I promise."

I began to tear up. "Don't cry." His cold hand wiped away a falling tear. "I won't be far away. We will see each other again." He bent down to kiss my forehead, then dematerialized. I was alone again, sobbing in the lift.