Chapter 22

Early the following morning, I left. Once I reached hyperspace, I contacted Hera and asked her to prep the Ghost crew for a critical mission. She seemed happy to have the chance to see some action again.

I also started formulating a plan. Getting in and out are going to be the hardest unless we have a TIE fighter or some other Imperial vehicle.

After getting in, we'll find our way to the hangar control room. Assuming the controls are operational, I'll access the blueprints and copy them over to a disk. Once that's done, we'll get back to the ship and leave.

Leia and her crew will meet up with us to transfer the disk. Then, the Ghost crew will try and lead the Empire away so the disk get's safely to Senator Organa so that the rebels can use it. It's not a very well thought out plan, but it'll have to work.

I must've fallen asleep on the way back because when I woke up, my droid has already landed my starfighter in the hangar of my command ship. The Ghost was also there.

I stretched a bit and got out of the fighter. Making my way up to the bridge, I passed several rebels. They weren't as enthusiastic as they always are. I made a mental note to address that later.

The Ghost crew members were the only ones in the command center. That made it easier for me to carry out this plan in secrecy. I didn't want the whole alliance to know just yet.

Hera walked over to the Holo-table when I walked in. The others just kind of sat there, mirroring the way Ifelt inside.

"We are all here and ready," she said.

"Good. I have one thing to attend to before I brief you on the mission."

I pushed a few buttons on the table im front of me amd contacted Senator Organa. I needed to make sure my plan was alright with the rebel leaders.

I began to speak as the holographic form of Senator Organa appeared. "Senator Organa, I have a dangerous plan in mind and have called to ask for approval."

"Ahsoka, you should know by now that your plans are always approved."

"This one's especially risky. The Empire is building a new space station. If the alliance is to survive, we need to destroy it. I'm taking a small group with me to go and personally take the plans from the ship and rendezvous with the Princess above the Tatooine system. She will then bring them to Alderaan for analysis."

"You're right, that is a risky plan, but those plans are imperative. The risk is worth it. How small is your team?"

"It could be a solo or a group anywhere from 2-7. That remains to be seem."

"I see. Good luck. May the force be with you."

The transmission ended. The Ghost crew remained silent. I looked each one of them in the eye before speaking.

"Well, you heard the plan and the objective. Each of you will need to be fully commited to make this work. Who's in?"

There was a pause. No one spoke for a few moments.

"I am," replied Hera. "It's just like before: rob from the Empire to help those in need."

"I'm in," said Ezra.

"I don't know if I want to let you do this, Ezra. It's too dangerous. What if something were to go wrong? It's the Imperial base! Trying to break on would be suicide," Kanan interjected.

I felt compelled to address that topic. "Kanan, it's his choice how and when he will put his life at risk, not yours. There was a mission when I was younger where I learned this for myself.

"My master wouldn't let me go on a mission that he thought was too difficult and deadly for a padawan. He picked which missions I could be a part of and which I should sit out. How was I supposed to learn if I wasn't allowed to share the risk? I aknowledge the fact that he was trying to protect me, but at what cost?

"I ended up sneaking aboard to join the team because I wanted so badly to be a part of it. It turns out that, had I not gone, my master would have been stuck a couple times due to limitations. My being there caused the mission to be a success.

I turned to face Ezra and talk directly to him. "Ezra, are you aware of the risks associated with this mission?"

"Yes, and I'm willing to go despite them," he replied.

"Alright. I'll go," Kanan said.

"I'm always in," Zeb commented.

Sabine was next to speak. "I guess I'm the only one left. I'll go."

Chopper made a noise in the corner. He was also in.

"Well, now that we all agree, let's go."

"Where to? How are we even getting on the space station?" Hera asked.

I smiled. They were going to think my plan was absolutely nuts, but it'll work.

"We are going to my friend's abandoned apartment on Corascaunt."

"Abandoned?" Ezra asked.

"He died some time ago by the hands of Imperials to get me to give information. I refused, they killed him."

"How is this going to help?" Kanan asked, annoyed.

"Oh, he used to be a Senator in the Republic and then the Imperial Senate. I did some work on his holotable a while back and it can hack into all Imperial databases with a simple code. I can look up the location of anything and all scheduled transports."

"Who is this guy? He obviously was pretty high up there," said Hera.

"His name was Lux Bonteri, Senator of Onderon. We were really close during the Clone Wars." I chuckled. "I saved his life numerous times. It was always an interesting situation when we met up."

"Alright then, let's go. I have some Imperials to bust," said Zeb as he stood up. The rest of the crew followed his example, and we boarded the Ghost.