Chapter 13

I had to rest after a while. It was very tiring to fly a very long distance in a little amount of time. I landed, let Rex off, and transformed back into my "normal mode" as I like to call it. I still had a glowing orange aura around me, but that happens after I change form. It usualy goes away after about an hour or so.

Rex and I chatted for a bit, then we decided to walk some instead of flying. I was getting kind of dizzy from the heat, and I think I passed out once. We left all the supplies with the walker. Whoops.

Rex insisted that I hop on his back while we walked for a little bit, but I felt bad and got off. We walked side by side until neither of us could go any further.

Just as we found a good spot to stop for the night, I saw lights in the distance. With a newfound burst of energy, I transformed into birdie mode and fle as fast as I could, with Rex riding me.

We landed a bit in front of the city limits to ensure that no one wood see my transformation. I was glowing, but there are other, more unnatural things in this universe that it shouldn't be a problem.

We walked around the city. It was kind of like Tatooine, but not quite. There was a different citizen mentality here. The people were more structured and less self-serving.

"What planet is this?" I asked Rex.

"Tol-Alask. It was named for its desert sand and really bad wild fires in the summer."

"I don't remember this planet from the archives."

"Well, it's not really a popular destination. It has the scattered cities, and an endless supply of sand. There isn't anything worthy of note."

We walked into a bar. Let's just say it lived up to my "bar" expectations. Being in the outer rim, bars are much scarier places to someone not interested in becoming a criminal. The people in this bar were a bit more civilized than Mos Eisley, but not by much.

I focused in on the force and closed my eyes. I could see much more clearly that way. There was a table in the back that my mind kept drawing itself to. There was a younger man sitting there with a Wookiee by his side. I opened my eyes, snapped back into reality, walked over to their table, and sat down. Rex followed closely behind.

Both of them looked up at me as I clearned my throat and spoke. "I'm lookong for a ride off this planet," I started. "You willing to take me to Alderaan?"

"Depends," the man said. "Just you?"

I looked up at Rex just to be sure. He nodded. "Yeah, just me. I would like to avoid any imperial conflicts on the way, if possible."

"Alright. That's going to be 10,000 credits, all in advance," he said.

"10,000?! I'm not willing to pay that much. Plus, I don't carry around 10,000 credits in my pockets so you will have to wait until we arrive."

The Wookiee beside him said something. Had I been ready to translate, I would have known what he said. I was more focused on the man than the Wookiee.

"Do you understand Wookiee?" the man asked.

"Yeah. Could you repeat that, though? I wasn't paying attention."

The Wookiee repeated himself. "I know you. You're that Jedi that was leading the other younglings captured by the Trandoshans. Ahsoka, right?"

"Yeah, that's me," I said, stunned that he actually remembered my name. He worked out a deal with the captain, and I ended up getting the ride for free.

"I'm Captain Solo, by the way," the captain added. "I'll meet you at docking bay 27 this evening."

I stood up and walked out. Once outside, Rex and I had a conversation about when we should meet again. We decided that once a month we will get together for dinner. After exchangin contact information, we parted ways. I left to go to the hangar, and Rex left to go back to his walker in the desert.

When I reached the hangar, Captain Solo was standing there, waiting for me. He motioned for me to get on, so I did. The ship didn't look like much, but it was certainly built to be fast. I could tell that much by looking at it.

Solo went to the cockpit, and I wandered around until I found a small room towards the back of the ship. It was fairly small and had a few chairs. It also had a game console by a couch.

I remembered how badly I had beaten Lux the last time we played and laughed. If only we could play another game...

"Well, what's wrong with playingg another game?" a voice said.

I turned around sharply, and pulled out my sabers into my defensive stance. I was relieved to find that it was just the ghost of Lux, which still scared me a bit none the less.

I smirked. "I'll beat you again."

We sat down and played. I won, as always, and my mind drifted off. Lux's ghost disappeared as my thoughts wandered to the big banging noise above me. I heard a sort of mechanical click that waved a red flag in my brain. That click can only be one thing: boarding craft.

*I made up the planet Ahsoka travels to, by the way. It is supposed to be in the outer rim and a bit less desert like than Tatooine.