Chapter 20

I landed my fighter in the middle of some rocky terrain. "R4, watch the ship," I told my droid. I was answered with several beeps and clicks. "I know about the sandpeople. It will be okay, R4, just watch the ship. I'll be back soon, I promise." I stared walking in he direction of the most force sensitive being in the area, which was most likely to be Obi-Wan.

It grew darker and darker as the suns began to set. I couldn't help but think about the first time I'd come to this desert. I had just become a padawan, and it was my first real assignment. That was so long ago. Everything has changed now. The galaxy has become a different place, and the peoplehave become afraid.

After some time, I reached a moisture farm. I didn't know Master Kenobi was into farming. I knocked softly on the door, pulling my cloak off of my head.

Obi-Wan did not answer the door. A boy around 18 or 19 years old opened the door. He seemed familiar, like I'd met him before. His force signature also seemed familiar.

"I'm sorry," I started, "I must have the wrong address." Obi-Wan obviously did not live here.

"Oh," he said. "What are you doing out? It's getting dark, and sandpeople are especially dangerous at night."

"I'm looking for someone named Ben Kenobi. I seem to be in the wring place, however."

"It's no trouble. You can stay here with us tonight. Supper is almost ready. It's too dangerous for you to go out alone."

"I shall tale you up on your offer, then. Thank you very much. What's your name?"

"Luke, Luke Skywalker."

"I stood still, paralyzed. It all became clear. Luke's signature was familiar because I had been there when he was born. I had seen him in my visions alongside Leia. He looked like an adolocent version of Anakin.

"Nice to meet you, Luke. I'm Ahsoka."

His eyes narrowed. "Do I know you from somewhere? You seem awfully familiar."

I smiled. "No, I don't believe we have officially met before now." He looked confused for a second, then shrugged.

Luke led me inside to the dinner table. Two people were in the kitchen. A woman was setting the table while a man paced behind the table. He stopped moving when he saw Luke and I enter the room.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Ahsoka. Luke offered me a place to stay for the night. He is very kind."

"Very well, then," he responded. "I am Owen Larrs, Luke's uncle. This is my wife, Beru."

"Please, sit down and join us for dinner," Beru said as she sat down across from Owen.

I sat down across from Luke in the only remaining seat. We all picked up our silverware and began to feast.

"So, why are you on Tatooine, anyway?" Owen asked. "It's a ball of sand and dust in the middle of nowhere."

"I'm loolong for an old friend who lives in this area."

"You must mean Ben Kenobi. He's the closest person to us," Beru said.

"Yes, I an. I haven't ever visited him since he started living here, and I thought that after all this time, he deserves a visit."

"You're one of them aren't you?" Owen interjected rather rudely.

"Excuse me? One of what?"

"A Jedi. You're a Jedi, aren't you?"

"Yes, well, sort of."

"What's a Jedi?" Luke asked innocently.

I looked down at him. "Jedi were the guardians of peace and-"

"Luke, eat your dinner," Owen interrupted. "You musn't repeat any of this to anyone, understand? The Empire will hunt us down if they find out we talked to a Jedi."

"Yeah, yeah, I figured that much out for myself." Luke responded.

We ate the remainder of our meal on silence. When everyone was finished, Beru cleared the dishes. Luke ran to his room to work on his models.

"He is so much like his father," I stated, watching Luke run.

"How do you know who is father was?" Owen asked, again with the same rude tone. "You don't even know who he is."

"His father, Anakin Skywalker, was my master during the clone wars. We were really close, but then the war took everything away from both of us."

There was a long pause before Owen spoke. "Anakin was my stepbrother. He turned up one day, looking for his mother. He left after we buried her. That's the only time I have ever talked to him. I didn't know him well at all."

"Do you know what happened to Anakin?"

"Yes, and I don't want Luke to follow that path either. He will not become a Jedi. I won't allow it."

"His destiny is outside of your control. Luke has the potential to save the galaxy from the tyranny of the Empire. The only Jedi alive now are terrified of repeating the past if they strike out against the Empire. Luke doesn't have the scar of the past holding him back."

"It's getting late," Owen said, eager to change the subject. "I'm heading off to bed. The guest room is down the hall on the first right. I suggest you do the same."

We parted was and walked to our repsective bedrooms. As I laid in bed, I thought about Luke. He will save the galaxy one day. He will help Anakin bring the force back into balance.