Chapter 17

The mission on Lothal was a disaster. The rebels were nearly caught, didn't get the minister, and came back in an Imperial ship which was probably being tracked.

Shortly after everyone was settled back in, a single fighter was spotted close to the fleet. I began to feel a bit lightheaded as processed what I was seeing. Who else would dare take on an entire fleet by himself?

Flying 101: A single fighter has a lesser chance of being spotted.

Sure enough, he was besting the Phoenix Squadron, as I knew he would. I joined the Ghost crew and ran to the ship. Taking the copilot seat, I started pushing buttons in order to detach the ship while Hera checked everyone in. The chase was on as we sped off after the fighter.

I had trouble focusing on driving. I kept noticing how familiar his tactics were. I remember spending hours practicing the sequence playing before my eyes.

The best way to attack someone is head on. That way, you can see what you're up against. It's also fun to throw in some spins here and there too.

I couldn't help but see how good this pilot was. My head was telling me his identity, but I didn't believe it. "The force is strong with him. Kanan, let's find out how strong."

"How?"

I smirked, feeling the snippy attitude I hadn't fully unleashed since my padawan days. "Remember your training."

We both streched out into the force, looking for the pilot's fore signature. I could feel a familiar presence, but it was different. The anger, the hate.

Images started flashing through my mind. A hooded figure slaughtering people. A blur of blue sabers clashing. The words "I hate you" echoed through my mind. I then knew the identity of this man for sure. My deepest fear had been confirmed.

Master?

Ahsoka?

I screamed, then blacked out.