𝙰𝚙𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚎

"I Appreciate You"

After many hours of passionate love making. Basking in the glow of the fire burning in the living room fireplace. The cabin, away from everything and everyone. Kelly was no longer feeling lost and alone. He had the love of his life back in his arms. A moment he never thought he would have again. A second chance. He wasn't convinced that he was deserving but he wasn't questioning it. Everything he had lost a few months ago had come back to him. Kelly always felt he had luck on his side at times, too many close calls throughout the years, but this made him think that he was the luckiest guy in the world. The way he pushed Stella away after Benny had passed away. The feeling of regret l, guilt, anger and sadness took over. Kelly dealt with the darkness the only way he knew how. Putting those damn walls up and pushing everyone away. A living wrecking ball. Even pushing away the the one person he loved more than life itself.

Of course Stella kept fighting for their relationship. She knew it was his grief taking over. She also knew how he dealt with the hard stuff. As much as she loved him there was only so much pushing away Stella could handle. That came a few months back and she did something she never, ever wanted to do nor did she think she would ever have to do. Kelly was it for her BUT their relationship was crumbling and feeling toxic. So she ended things. Here they were back together. Kelly wasn't holding back. He was going to make sure to communicate with Stella. No more pushing her away. Even if it was uncomfortable for him. He was going to be the man she deserved. He was never taking a chance of losing the best damn thing that has ever happened to him.

"WHAT?" Stella murmured

"I appreciate you"

"Well thank you babe. I have to agree. Tonight was pretty perfect and incredible"

"Yes it was. And don't get me wrong. I do appreciate every second of the last few hours but I appreciate you. Every part of you"

"Kelly Severide. Who are you?" Stella smirked

"I know. I know. I meant what I said. I'm going to be the man you deserve. Not the man I have been. You deserve so much more"

Stella had tears forming in the corner of her bright brown eyes.

"Kelly. Thank you for that. I hope you know that I never stopped loving you. EVER"

"Me neither baby. In the end you did the right thing. I was a mess. Digging myself down a dark hole. I took you for granted and I don't know if I will ever fully forgive myself for that. But I'm just so grateful I've been given a second chance with you. I'm always going to appreciate you. Appreciate us. Forever"

"Kelly, I love you so much. WE are being given a second chance. There are things I wish I would have done differently as well. Getting here, right now, was worth everything"

"Stel. I'm never letting you go ever again"

"Ditto. Babe. Ditto"