𝙱𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜

"An old man in bed with our kids, grandkids and you surrounding me"

Those magical words escaped from Kelly's mouth with no hesitation and shocked Stella to the core. He really saw a forever future with her. Stella knew how she felt about her boyfriend but seeing as they had just gotten back together she wasn't sure what he saw for their future. Kelly was never someone who found it easy to communicate his feelings but these particular words came off the tip of his tongue without even thinking. Stella had been feeling a little freaked out by what they had endured in this fire. It had become a serious hazmat situation and was incredibly dangerous. Kelly always had a gift of being able to calm her nerves when she needed it. She just hadn't anticipated he would ever express himself in such a deep manner.

As Kelly was called away by Casey to talk with Voight and Boden. Stella had a feeling of butterflies swarming through her stomach. Gosh, she loved this man so much. As everything came to a close and shift had ended from this horrendous day, a small wave of fear came over Stella. Had he said those words in the heat of the moment? Because of the situation they were experiencing. She hopes with everything that she was just getting in her head. He had surely meant what he had said but she needed to know for sure. She never wanted this butterfly feeling to go away. It made her so happy thinking of a future with Kelly. Marriage and having babies. Having the perfect life with the man she was so deeply in love.

As Kelly and Stella settled in for the night at the loft. Stella had to rip the hand aid off.

"Kelly, Can we talk about something?"

"Of course, babe"

"Did you truly mean what you said earlier today at the call? I mean, I know you were trying to make me feel better and calm me from the events of the day"

"STELLA. Of course I meant it. Every word of it. I have felt this way for some time now. Saying what I said didn't come out of left field. It felt like the perfect time and situation. There is no rush for us taking those big steps but hear me when I say, I want that life with you. It's always been you. So when I'm an old man, YES. I'm more than certain it will be you, our kids and grandkids surrounding me"

"GOOD. Because I have to say after you walked away. All I felt was butterflies. Absolute love and admiration for you. I never want those feelings to go away. I have also dreamt of that life with you for a long time now. It doesn't scare me. It just feels so right. There is no rush. Just knowing that's how you truly feel as well. It means...EVERYTHING"

"Baby. I am always going to feel that way. FOREVER. I never thought given my past I would want or even deserve that life. You changed all of that for me when you walked into 51. It may of taken some ups and downs to get here but the future for us is going to be full of milestones and big steps. I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL OF IT. I love you, Stella Kidd"

"I love you, Kelly Severide. You are a dream to me. A dream I never want to wake up from"

Stella knew she would spend the rest of her life having that 'Butterfly' feeling with the love of her life.