𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝

Stella had long since moved on from her past. Her life was wonderful now. She was now a lieutenant. Had her family at 51 and most importantly has an amazing relationship with her now fiancé Kelly. Stella was thriving. Set to marry the love of her life, squad lieutenant Kelly Severide. If any of the 51 family was asked, one word comes to mind...FINALLY. Stella and Kelly had been through so much together. Their journey came with ups and downs but one thing remained firm. They were so in love with each other. Both Kelly and Stella had pulled one another out of their own past darkness. Stella never even thought about her ex husband Grant anymore. That time in her life was over. How toxic their relationship was filled with addiction and abuse. Now, Stella had a forever, healthy relationship and most importantly felt Kelly was her safe place. He would always protect and love her unconditionally.

After helping Adriana. Seeing the bruising around her neck at the hands of an abusive man. The manipulation. Feeling of isolation. All of it came back into Stella's memories. In many ways, it felt to Stella like she was looking in a mirror seeing what Adriana was going through. All of a sudden, a feeling of fear paralyzed Stella. What if Grant ever came back? He had already come back a few years ago when he attacked her. If it hadn't been for Kelly protecting her, she probably wouldn't be here. She never wanted to see Grant ever again. He could easily find her. Past pain and trauma has a way of coming back as a reminder at times. This is what Stella was experiencing after helping keep Adriana safe. Relieved the man who was harming her was behind bars and Adriana wouldn't have to worry anymore. She could heal and move forward with her life.

As Kelly and Stella were relaxing at home that night. Stella explained what had happened with Adriana. Kelly could see Stella was struggling. Those chocolate brown eyes that were usually full of light and brightness seemed dim, fearful even. Kelly knew full well the situation with Adriana must have brought up the most painful memories for his fiancée. Kelly had only found out earlier in the day, as they investigate the car accident Adriana was involved in, the severity of the physical abuse Stella endured at the hands of Grant. Stella never talked about the specifics and Kelly respected her not to dig deep into everything she went through. He knew what she had told him. After Grant re-emerged a few years back. Kelly saw first hand that he was a dangerous man especially in the peak of his addiction. So, he knew Stella was abused verbally and emotionally but now he knew he had physically harmed her as well. Stella had told him. He knew it was probably extremely difficult for her to take herself back to the part of her life and let those words out. He saw the emotion as she admitted in one instance how Grant had choked her leaving bruises around her neck. This not only broke Kelly's heart but brought out anger. The thought of anyone laying one finger on the love of his life made him see red.

As they sat together. Stella eventually curled herself into Kelly's chest. She needed that feeling of comfort.

"Stella. Talk to me"

"I-I today was a lot. I never think about my past anymore. On my home from the police station I felt relieved but also felt a little scared"

"Scared. Why do you feel scared?"

"Just the thought of Grant ever coming back. He knows how to find me. The thought of him trying to hurt me again, or hurting us"

"Stella. Stop right there. Hear what I am saying. Grant will NEVER EVER get anywhere near you again. He will never be able to lay one finger on you. That's over and that is a promise. I will move heaven and earth to make sure you are always safe. You may have been alone in the past but not anymore. You now have me. We are going to be husband and wife. My priority is for you to always feel and safe and loved. I love you so much, Stella Kidd. Never forget that I will always be your safe space. OK?"

"OK. I love you so much Kelly. I can't wait to marry you"

"Me too baby. If you ever feel sadness or fear, I'm always going to be here to hold you. Comfort you. ALWAYS AND FOREVER"

Stella wasn't scared anymore. She knew she would always be safe as long as she had Kelly, her soon to be husband.