𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖

The food truck investigation had taken a turn and found himself outnumbered. He now sat in the hospital, sore from the action that had ensued. Stella was on her way back to 51 with her team when Boden came on the radio to tell her there had been an incident. Panic-stricken she raced to the hospital hopeful her fiancée was OK. Things had been tense between her and Kelly recently. Wedding planning woes. Stella may been getting a little carried away with details. There was a deeper issue though. The fear for both of them taking the big step and manifesting what was really going on. Kelly saw it. He realized they needed to stop questioning things. No more planning. Kelly just didn't care anymore where they got married or any other details. All he wanted was to marry Stella. As Kelly had bandages over his body from the beating he had endured, everything was put in perspective. Kelly was right. They didn't need a perfectly planned wedding. They just needed to become husband and wife. No more feeling scared. "Let's just do it"

The next day Stella was revamping wedding plans as they were preparing to get married in a few days. Everyone at 51 was on board to help with all preparations. Kelly had been dealing with this food truck investigation as it was a big drug operation. He was helping the police bring Campbell down. Again, there was a dangerous altercation at the courthouse which ended with him throwing a man through a plate glass window in self defence. Stella was worried. These dangerous men were still on the streets. She just wasn't sure it them getting married right now was a good decision. After Kelly returned from this harrowing situation, she made her way way to his quarters.

"Kelly. Babe. Are you sure getting married now is a good idea? These men are still out there. You have now been attacked twice. You had to protect yourself and I am eternally grateful you did. This has been a lot for you to handle. Plus, adding on getting married. I'm worried about you"

"Stella. Stop. We are getting married. I have police protection. They are going after Campbell now. We are not waiting. Look, I have one dream and that dream is for you to be my wife. Me to be your husband. I have wanted to marry you for such a long time. Literally years. I'm not letting anyone or anything ruin this dream. Our dream. So please don't worry. Let's continue to plan. And in a few days our dream will finally come true when I see you walk down that aisle, looking so beautiful. This wedding is happening"

"Smooth. Kelly Severide. Smooth. OK. Let's make our dream come true"

In a few days Kelly and Stella were going to become husband and wife. It was going to be perfect. Their dream was finally going to be a reality.