𝙽𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎

Stella was feeling so grateful becoming lieutenant. In a perfect world she would have loved to stay at 51 but with Pelham settling into 51. Stella had fought for him to stay when he was unfairly targeted. He deserved to stay at 51. There was a lieutenant position that had opened up at another nearby station. After returning from her GOF trip. Things were very rocky for a while starting with her relationship with Kelly. She had ghosted him before returning. It took many conversations and time for them to get back to a good place. Eventually, they got back to being them again. The main reason why Stella had acted off while on her trip was her anxiety about being a lieutenant at 51. Taking over for Casey. Pressure overwhelmed her to fill such big shoes. After, fighting for Pelham and her the sole reason he still had a position because he deserved to stay. Boden had put a good word in for her and now she had an opportunity to become a leader with a new team, at a new station. She had her confidence back and knew she would be a great leader where ever that would be. What was plaguing her now is leaving 51. Leaving her family. Not seeing Kelly everyday. Her fiancée being a presence at 51 with her was a constant. After a bad call. When she needed someone to talk to. It was hard knowing she wouldn't have her family beside her anymore. Stella enjoyed her last shift at 51. Soaking in everything. They would all still be in her life outside of work. Still her family. As she said her goodbyes, Kelly and her headed home to spend some quality time together as they now worked different shifts and their time together would be limited for now. They had a strong foundation. Knowing they would figure it out. They always would.

Stella was very restless as Kelly had settled in to watch some TV. Stella continuously walking back and forth from bedroom to living room. Not able to sit still. Kelly started to chuckle. Secretly thinking how adorable she is. Sure, she was nervous but it made Kelly's heart skip a beat at the thought on how much Stella cares. She was nervous because she wanted to be a good leader. Being a woman lieutenant would bring on challenges among men. Leading a team was so important to her and this opportunity meant so much to her. Kelly knew he had it a little easier. He was bred into this career. Hasn't had to move stations and has had the benefit of having his family everyday. Some have left and come but the core group has remained the same. Kelly has natural avenger capabilities. Also, as it still is such a shame being a woman leader in the CFD is still challenging for any woman, but if anyone could change that way of thinking it was Stella Kidd.

"Stella. Babe. Please just sit down with me"

"OK"

Stella snuggled into her fiancées chest.

Kelly softly whispering.

"Stel. You are gonna be so great. I'm so proud of you"

"I'm just scared. Somewhere new. A new team. Not having you and my family there with me day after day"

"That's true. But you have the confidence and are already such a good leader. There might be hiccups at first. It may take some time to get in a groove with your team. You will make it your own. You will grow your team and it will be amazing. You know what makes me sad? The fact that I won't have a front row seat everyday to see you excel as one of the best leaders I have ever seen. Just remember one thing. I am just a phone call away. Anytime you need to hear how great you are. I will be happy to reassure you"

"You are such a softie, Kelly Severide. Thank you for always being my soft pillow to land on. How did I get so lucky?"

"For one. I'm the lucky one. For two. I will always be a soft landing for you. I love you, Stella Kidd. Oh I'm sorry, lieutenant Kidd"

"Don't you forget it lieutenant Severide"