𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕

When Kylie asked to talk to Kelly, he wasn't prepared for the words that escaped her mouth. Stella wasn't going to take the lieutenants exam. He really had screwed up. He was trying to protect her but was quickly realizing he was risking losing her altogether. Not only that, he had her questioning her confidence. Kelly felt his stomach drop as he was consumed with guilt. That asshole white shirt had completely gotten into Kelly's head and now he was ruining everything. Not only derailing her career but he was also putting their relationship in jeopardy. He cannot lose Stella. She is the love of his life. His forever. The only woman he would love for the rest of his life. 'What had be done?' 'How had he let it get this far?' Feeling of panic overtook Kelly's thoughts.

After shift Kelly raced over to Sylvie's apartment. That is where Stella had been staying given that Kelly was not communicating with her. She had had enough after trying to talk to him on a couple of occasions. Stella felt history was repeating itself and she needed space away from him to think about things. Stella was so confused on why he was treating her this way. Not knowing what had happened at HQ. Kelly wasn't talking. Stella still hadn't decided what she was going to do about the exam. She didn't want to throw this opportunity away. Boden tells her to really think about prolonging taking the exam. Still, she felt so distracted. She was losing focus. Her thoughts were consumed by what was going on with her love. Her boyfriend. Her heart was slowly breaking the longer this went on. Stella was angry but also sad. She was so in love with Kelly Severide. Not wanting to lose him. As Stella was trying to concentrate and study, she heard a knock at the door. She looked through the peephole and saw Kelly.

After a very intense conversation. Kelly finally told her why he had been acting distant. Stella reminds him she can handle whatever is thrown at her from the white shirts. What she can't handle is Kelly not communicating with her. Shutting her out. Putting up walls. They were past this. Long past this behaviour. Finally, both Kelly and Stella tell one another they weren't letting each other get away. Stella gathered her belongings she had with her and they headed back to the loft in separate cars.

Later, at home. Kelly had turned on the TV and they were relaxing in each others arms. Both Kelly and Stella feeling a sense of relief. They had quickly returned to normalcy.

"Stella, I'm so sorry for letting the white shirts get in my head. I honestly was only trying to protect you but I realize how wrong I was. I should have talked to you about everything. I should've never let it get this far. Baby, I know I hurt you. I meant what I said "I'm never letting you get away from me again"

"It's OK, Kelly. I know babe. I need you through this. You have always been my biggest supporter. I not only need but also want you by my side as I go for this. Please, just always talk to me"

"I will Stel. I promise. I am so grateful that you have faith i me, in us. I'm going to be with you every step of the way. Just know I have absolutely no doubt that you are going to kick ass with the lieutenants exam and become an amazing leader. You don't need me but I'm so grateful to walk alongside you and support you"

"You're a good man, Kelly Severide"

"I'm that man because of you, Stella Kidd"