𝙵𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚑

Kelly felt proud after the trial had ended. He was able to help fellow firefighters get the justice they deserved. It had been awkward at first when Renee showed up at the firehouse to ask for his assistance. Even going as far to use her son as bait to reconnect with Kelly. He personally didn't see her motives as he only thought about one woman. He only loved one woman and that was Stella. As far as he was concerned, Renee was far in his past. Sure, he had loved her at one time. Was even blinded by her lies. It wasn't for Shay, it could have ended very badly. Renee had sunk to a new low. Lying to Kelly after she became pregnant, convincing him the baby was his. Luckily, Shay saw right through her lies. After that revelation, their relationship imploded immediately. Kelly lost all trust in relationships. He kept anything with any woman casual. Never risking having his heart broken again. That was until Stella Kidd walked through the 51 doors. Slowly, she pulled him out of the darkness. Opened his heart again. Broke down those protective walls. Now she was his girlfriend. He trusted her with his whole heart. So, he agreed to help in this case. For the greater good, to help his fellow men. Renee had really thought she had an in to recapture Kelly's heart again especially with her son being a factor. Reneee knew he was dating Stella but she wasn't quite prepared for how much he truly loved Stella.

Stella, unlike her boyfriend, had serious reservations about Renee. This wasn't a feeling of jealousy. This was purely het not trusting Renee's motives. She had been told by Gabby what had happened with Renee. That made her even more skeptical. Stella trusted Kelly 100%, but she surely didn't trust Renee. Her suspicion even led her to warn Renee to not mess with Kelly.

After their success with the trial both Kelly and Renee were more than happy with the verdict. Kelly was left shocked when Renee planted a kiss on him. 'What the hell was she thinking?'

"Renee. What the hell are you doing?" He said while aggressively pushing her off his chest

"I'm sorry Kelly. We were having a moment. I wanted to take a chance. I still love you. I know I screwed up. I have loved seeing you again"

"Renee. STOP. We are in the past. I am in love with Stella. She is the love of my life. You ruined us with your lies. But it was for the best because it brought Stella into my life and I have never looked back. She is my future l. I'm glad I was able to help you with this case. This will be the last conversation we have. Now if you excuse me. I'm going to be with Stella"

Kelly immediately went over to Stella's. She wasn't there so he was going to wait. He didn't want there to be any secrets. He was going to tell her what Renee had done. Stella arrived home asking Kelly why he never picked her up as she was waiting for him"

"I was waiting for you, I came straight here" he explained.

Stella walked over to him, sitting in his lap. Pressing her head against his chest.

"I just missed you"

"All I think about is you"

She grabbed his chin and pulled his lips towards hers for a kiss. He lingered for a moment before pulling back.

"Stella I need to tell you something. I don't want there to be any secrets between us"

"OK"

"After we won the trial. Renee kissed me"

"Well that doesn't surprise me. I sensed she still wanted you. I even warned her not to mess with you. I trust you, Kelly. I just don't trust her. Did yo-you kiss her back?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT. I immediately pushed her away and told her the only woman I love is you. I told her you are my future. ONLY YOU, Stella. I need you to know how much I love you. I will always be faithful to you. I would never ruin us by cheating, hurting you like that. EVER. You are the love of my life, Stella Kidd"

"You are mine babe. I trust you completely. Thank you for telling me the truth. You are a good man, Kelly Severide.