𝚈𝚘𝚞

The tower fire had been an inferno straight out of the movies. Multiple stations from all over the city fighting the blaze.

Stella's alarm started blaring which meant she was dangerously running out of oxygen. Her head knew she should get out of the building but her heart wanted to help Kelly. Her boyfriend. The love of her life. All rational thought had gone out the window. Unfortunately, Stella was unable to make it to Kelly. She had run out of oxygen and collapsed. As Kelly had just rescued a child in Kelly Severide avenger style. By scaling the outside of the building, many floors up with a little boy in his arms. Kicking in a nearby window away from the flames. The little boy was safe. Feeling elated and proud. That feeling of pride was quickly extinguished when he heard the most awful words through the radio "MAYDAY! MAYDAY! KIDD IS DOWN" Kelly rushed to where he knew she was last. Helping Herman pull her lifeless body through the fire, carrying her outside to the waiting stretcher with Brett and Foster desperately giving her medical attention. They had a pulse but she wasn't breathing which required her being intubated. Later, at the hospital Kelly was fighting everyone. He was terrified. Riddled with fear of losing her. Fighting the doctors to not removing her lung which would essentially destroy her whole career. Eventually getting escorted by security out of Chicago Med. Thankfully, April his long time friend. A nurse at Med had advocated for Kelly and essentially Stella. They came up with a plan to save her lung and her life. It was risky but worth it in the end.

Kelly was anxiously sitting in the waiting room right outside of Stella's room where she was still sedated under anesthesia. All Kelly could do was reflect. Thinking about how long he had loved Stella. Not willing to admit how he felt for a long time. Feeling he had wasted so much time. But also, if they had jumped right into a quick relationship it may of burned out as soon as it began. Instead, they had built an amazing friendship. A friendship that they both cherished. They were able to move from friendship to a romantic relationship. Kelly feeling they did everything the right way.

"Kelly. She's awake. Wants to see you"

As Kelly was taken out of his thoughts with April's voice. He excitedly stood up, still in his bunker gear, walking up to Stella. All he could do was stare and smile at her. After just having major surgery and barely awake from sedation. Kelly thinking she never looked so beautiful.

"Stop"
"I'm so glad your back"
"Of course"

Kelly broke down and collapsed into her. All his emotions pouring out in one moment.

"Kelly, it's ok. I'm ok. Thanks to you. I heard about you fighting to not only save me but also my career. I don't know how I will ever thank you"

"Stella. You don't have to thank me. I would do it all over again, for you"

"Are you ok? I can see you mind spinning right now"

"Stella. When your alarm went off, why didn't you get to safety? You know how reckless that was"

"I was trying to get to you. I wanted to help you"

"I heard. I could of lost you. I was so close to losing you. I have suffered many losses throughout my life. Stella, I honestly wouldn't survive losing you. Please don't do that ever again"

"Copy. Lieutenant"

"YOU. Are everything to me. I love YOU so much. I am crazy in love with YOU"

"And I love YOU, Kelly Severide. So much"

As Stella drifted off to sleep. Kelly sitting right at her bedside and wasn't going to leave anytime soon. Thankful to have her alive, still with him. A lot to be thankful for.