𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜

Jealous. A feeling that Kelly was not accustomed to. In his past relationships, honestly, he didn't have to put in much effort. Stella Kidd was breaking him. This girl had absolutely ruined him. The denial worked for a while. It was comfortable and safe being her friend. Her roommate. Allowing him to keep things strictly platonic. Then she started dating hazmat Zac. He is a great guy. Good looking and really seemed to like Stella. As her friend, he knew he should be happy for her. She was in a good relationship, and seemed content. He couldn't though. On the nights Stella would go out on dates with Zac. Kelly would find himself stewing. Trying to distract himself by watching a hawks game. All he could think about was her. Stella. When she would arrive home. A sense of relief would overpower him. She was home...alone. This was becoming torture for him. How much longer could he go on like this? If anything, the longer this went on they were only going to become more serious.

The CFD gala was tonight. Kelly as an officer was invited. This was a chance to get out and have a good distraction from what he had been feeling. Jealous everytime Stella would leave with her boyfriend. That would make Kelly's stomach turn. She wasn't supposed to call another man her boyfriend. That was supposed to be him. The fear of losing what they had. Their friendship. Their living situation. The professional complication. Out of fear, Kelly kept their relationship to a friendship and now all he felt was regret. There was a chance he could lose any opportunity. Would he be able to live with that? He was sure the answer to that was a big NO. As he walked out of his bedroom. Dressed in a green suit. Looking up and seeing Stella in a sleek, fitted black dress. She looked breathtaking. So beautiful. Before he could stop himself, he had convinced her to accompany him to the gala and cancelling her plans with Zac. He didn't feel bad. He felt happy walking into the gala with Stella. Sure, they were just friends. Hopefully in the future she would accompany him to many more galas.

A few days later after shift Kelly was surprised to see Stella in her comfy, staying at home clothes. Sweats, tank top. Her beautifully curly hair in a messy bun. Still, to Kelly she looked gorgeous.

"No date night tonight?"

"Nope..Just taking a night for myself"

"You OK?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"Stella, come on. Talk to me"

"Zac and I broke up. Actually he broke up with me"

"What. Why? Kelly tried to hide the happiness that surely was written all over his face.

"You really wanna know?"

"Of course I do"

"He broke up with me because of you"

"ME?"

"Yeah he is convinced something more is going on with us besides friendship. Crazy, right?"
"Anyway, I'm going to have a hot bath"

Kelly was left in his thoughts. Zac isn't wrong and it's about time he told Stella exactly that.