𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚢

Kelly hadn't been oblivious to Seagers advances as they worked on more OFI cases. He was fully aware of her flirting. It's not that he enjoyed the attention from another woman. He just didn't see a need to open a can of worms for nothing. Seager could flirt with him all day long. It wouldn't change anything. The fact is that he is madly in love with one woman and one woman only. Stella is his forever. She had long changed his bachelor ways. He was a committed, one woman man. He doesn't even notice other women. Any advances towards him are just ignored. The only woman he sees is the woman he wakes up to
everyday. Stella Kidd.

There was a time back in his bachelor days where monogamy seemed foreign to him. Casual dating was Kelly's MO. He even told Stella at one time that he doesn't do monogamy. Now, that is when they were casually intimate with each other. Kelly really liked her even back then but of course he was determined to keep any romantic inklings at bay. Scared of opening himself up to someone who he knew had the potential of breaking him (in the best possible way)

They were now in a serious relationship. Been through a lot of ups and down to get to this point. Already gone through a breakup but were as solid as ever now. Kelly's talents with OFI investigating had been greatly noticed. He loved working on cases. A side passion he has always had following in Benny's footsteps in that regard. Still, he loved being squad lieutenant but he also loved going on OFI cases from time to time as he had a natural talent solving arson cases.

After working on a few cases with Wendy Seager at this point. They made a good team professionally. There had been a few times that Seagers subtle advances has been quite obvious. Kelly didn't see a reason to say anything as it did not mean anything to him, he figured ignoring it was a safe bet. He did have to work alongside her while on cases. Also, it just didn't matter. There was literally only one who captured his attention. He loves Stella. He was only attracted to Stella. Other women were just there in his mind.

The last case they had worked on. Seager had become much more obvious. Might even say was on the verge of crossing lines. Just verbal remarks. Subtle touching his arms on occasion. As much as he didn't care. He also thought about how he would feel if some man Stella was working side by side with was getting a little too close, it would bother Kelly to no end. Of course, he trusted Stella just as she trusts him. Still, would be a sore spot and felt it shows a lack of respect for their relationship. After Seager asked him to go out for dinner to a nice restaurant to "talk about a case" he knew it was time to put a stop to this.

"Seager. Look. I enjoy working with you. We make a good team, professionally speaking. I need to be crystal clear. I have a girlfriend. A girlfriend that I love more than anything. I have refrained from mentioning anything before but I feel you aren't backing down. I don't want any lines to be blurred here. We have a platonic, working relationship. I would ask you to keep it that way if you want us to continue working together on cases. I will not disrespect my relationship with Stella"

Seager felt embarrassed but she understood and promised to back off, keeping it completely professional.

Later at home. Kelly and Stella are enjoying some quality time together.

"So, I told Seager today she needed to back off with her flirting with me"

"Well, Finally. What happened to not even noticing that she is in fact flirting with you?"

"Stella. Of course I noticed. It just meant nothing to me and I didn't see a need to bring it up with her when there is only one woman I am attracted to and want to flirt with me. With that being said, I also love you so very much. More than anything. I want to show the respect I have for our relationship. If the roles were reversed it would bother me. So, it was time I made clear to her where my heart will always lie"

"Thank you babe. I really appreciate you respecting us that way "

"I always will"