𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗

Kelly was always proud of Stella in what she does on a daily basis. On call after call. Nothing prepared him for this day. On one shift she had absolutely shown everyone what an absolute bad ass she really is. Kelly had tried to get her to go home as she was set to take her lieutenants exam the next day. She was nervous. He wanted her to take some time for herself. Try and relax. She was having none of that. Knowing she would go stir crazy sitting at home. She wanted to be productive. As they got a call. It was gruesome. A man was hanging from a tree with a branch piercing right through his torso. They needed to relieve the pressure to bring him down. The longer he was left hanging, the more the tree branch would puncture in deeper which would cause more damage to his internal organs. Severide was ready to cut the tree but the problem was cutting the slack. Stella, being Stella. No hesitation spider man climbed the tree. Got up behind the victim who was now hanging on. She used all her strength and lifted him upwards to release the slack while Kelly cut the tree down and hooked the ropes where they were able to slowly bring him down to the stretcher waiting. Kelly, was proud. Telling his girlfriend if it wasn't for her he would of had no chance of survival. She had given him a small chance.

When they returned to 51. Stella had received a panicked call from a girl. This had been the second time a weird call came for her. Before the call, this girl had called but had hung up before Stella could get some information. As she told Mouch who was working the desk to transfer any calls to Kelly's office where she would be studying for her exam. Not long after she received another call. This girl, was terrified. Had disclosed she was once in the GOF program which answered the question of how she knew Stella. Throughout the day, Stella wanted to help this girl knowing she was in serious trouble with bad people. She had enlisted Kylie's help to find out information about this girl. Kylie able to find previous sign up sheets and remembering her voice. They had a name. Meanwhile, Kelly and Boden went out searching for her. Stella had kept Alia on the phone reassuring her. As Stella kept her on the phone, had Kelly on her cell. Had a brilliant idea for Boden to turn on the sirens and would know if they were close as she was able to hear the sirens through the phone. Boden and Kelly were able to save Alia and her brother from gang members. On the way back to the firehouse after taking Alia and her brother to the hospital. Kelly couldn't believe what had taken place. They were safe not thanks to him but Stella. Her quick thinking and smarts saved them. He always knew how amazing she is but this just reinforced the many reasons he loved her.

The next day as Stella was preparing to leave for her exam. Kylie knocking on the loft door with Alia. Who tearfully thanked Stella for saving her life. Never giving up on her. Of course, humble Stella reassuring her she had saved herself. Alia had asked to come back to GOF. Stella feeling such pride for the girls and program she was so passionate about.

As she was leaving, Kelly giving her last words of encouragement.

"That is why you are going to be a great lieutenant"
"You got this, Stella Kidd"

After a long, lingering kiss.

"I really need to get going. Just wanted to thank you for always helping and supporting me. You played such a big part in helping Alia. I'm so grateful for you always having my back, never questioning me"

"Well, your welcome. But this was all you. Stella, I am so proud of you everyday. Yesterday just cemented what an absolute bad ass Queen you truly are. I am so proud of you, babe. I also know you are going to crush this exam and become a remarkable leader. Because you already are and have been for a long time now. I get a front row seat to seeing your greatness"

"You are such a wonderful man, Kelly Severide"

"You had a big hand in making me that man, Stella Kidd. Now, go crush that exam. I love you"

"I love you, Kelly Severide"