𝚄𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕

Kelly Severide underneath it all has a heart of gold. And for just not Stella but his 51 family. He made a sacrifice to go to OFI temporarily to help with back log in return to save Herman's career as a lieutenant. It is just the kind of man Kelly is. He did love to work on OFI cases. He just didn't want to do it day in and day out. He took a lot of pride in leading his team as 51s squad lieutenant. However, once he knew how a cop was unfairly targeting Herman. The choice was simple as he gave Grissom a ultimatum. He would only go to OFI in return for Herman's safety. He would make this choice for any of his family at 51. He was also firm. He would help them clear their backlog and then would be free to return to 51.

Kelly realizing he would miss everyone at 51. No one more than Stella. Best part of his day was sneaking loving glances, or little kisses around the firehouse. Even more, on a few occasions. That is what he was going to miss most. They were now in a fully, committed serious relationship. He knew she was it for him. The last woman he would ever kiss, ever love. What made this choice easy to temporarily leave 51 was at the end of each day he would go home to Stella. They didn't even officially live together but they spent every night together. Their living situations was just a formality now. He might not get to see her at the firehouse everyday for now but he would be able to fall asleep and wake up next to her.

Later that night. Stella had come over for the night because of course she had. They were standing together by the big loft window overlooking the beautiful Chicago night sky. Stella was overwhelmed with pride at how her boyfriend had the most amazing heart for everyone. The sacrifice he was making for Herman didn't surprise her at the fact he was putting someone else ahead of himself. It was just the man he is. The man she loves.

"Your a good man, Kelly Severide. Are you really ok with going to OFI?"
"As long as I get to come to you, I will be ok"
"I'm without a doubt, the luckiest girl in the world"

A long, passionate lingering kiss insued. Many passionate kisses.

"Kelly I'm so proud of the man you are. Sacrificing such a change and helping Herman in the process"

"He's a great lieutenant. He has always been such a good leader. He doesn't deserve to lose it all cause of an asshole of a cop"

"That's true. But don't sell yourself short babe. What you have done is a sentiment to the man you are. The man I fell in love with and for the record will always be in love with"

"Thank you, baby. I meant what I said. The reason this is even remotely doable for me is the sole fact that at the end of the day I come home to YOU. On the shifts you are working nights don't be surprised if I make a appearance at the firehouse to steal some kisses"

"Oh I can't wait for that. On the nights I am not working you will always have me to come home to"

Kelly knew he was going to be asking Stella to move in with him. Just waiting for the perfect moment. For now he was content having these moments, together.