Chapter twenty five

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, in an unfamiliar bed, next to an unfamiliar person.
My head was pounding, and the panic of not knowing where I was only made it worse.
The last thing I can remember clearly is walking to the closest bar and getting shitface drunk.
Yeah, I know it was stupid, but probably not half as stupid as what I might discover next.
Maybe I didn't do anything wrong, right? Maybe i just crashed at some persons house right?
I quickly glanced under the covers and felt like slapping myself across the face.
I wasn't wearing any clothes, and judging my the pink nail polish painted on the fingers of the person next to me, she probably wasn't either.
Slowly and quietly, I sat up and put my boxers on.
Apparently I wasn't as quiet as I thought, because I heard the sheets ruffle and a hand on my shoulder.
Finally, I felt the courage to turn around and almost doubled back at the sight. Shay, Annabel's former best friend, our former bandmate, and Brendon's ex girlfriend was staring right back at me, wearing nothing but a large shirt.
"Shay?" I asked, immediately wanting to take it back.
Surprisingly she laughed a little.
"Surprised to see me? Yeah, I'd kinda say the same thing.."
Oh thank god.
With that I started pulling my pants on, and picked my shirt up off the ground, tugging it on too.
"Hey you don't have to leave right?"
Aw shit. Here it comes. The normal 'well it meant something to me' speech. I'm not saying in one of those douchebags that sleeps around all the time (considering the only other person I've slept with was Annabel) but right now seemed more like a 'no strings attached' kind of moment.
"I could make some breakfast.."
Shay propped her head up on her elbows and leaned down, leaving her feet up in the air. She looked like one of those cheesy school girls from a bad porno. Did she not know that was the least attractive thing to a guy, or was she still stuck in middle school? Probably both.
"Listen," I started, finally facing her. But I think she already knew what I was going to say, because she sat up and became a little more modest.
"I know," she laughed. "You don't have to explain."
Now I just felt bad.
"Listen it's not that I don't like you it's just-"
"You're in love with her. I know" shay stated frankly.
"God, everyone knows. They've always known."
Well shit. I thought I was at at least a little secretive.
"I can see it when you look at her, and the way she looks at you.. It's like she's never seen anything more amazing. And listen, don't sorry about brendon okay?"
Scoffing, I sat back down on the bed. Don't worry about brendon? How in the fuck was I going to do that? He was more attractive than me, sexier, and at this point, her was even smarter than me. And I think Annabel has Already started to see these concepts.
"Really," she continued, "don't even pay attention to him. He's nothing compared to you. He told me what he did, and Believe me, no one could ever love a person who's done something like that."
I nodded, unsure.
"And anyways, through everything that's happened, you and Annabel have found away to power through it. You guys have some magnetic force that draws you to each other, I swear. Scientists should study it."
We both started laughing then and shay started getting dressed.
"Seriously!" She insisted, and I nodded.
Walking over to me and putting a hand on my shoulder she said "go get her pat. Show her how you feel."
And so I fixed Myself, and started walking home.

-----------

Truth is, I didn't know where in the fuck I was, so I kept getting lost which, In some way, was good because it gave me more time to think about what I was going to say to Annabel. And when I finally figured out a way home, i found it was an hour to Annabel's house by car, I cringed at the thought of walking, but distracted myself by pondering over the words I'd say to
her.
I couldn't very well go up to her and just say "hey, I love you, that's cool right?" Or "hey, I lied I'm actually your boyfriend" right?
Right. I had to think of something to say. Something that would make her see that I'm the one she loves.
Something that would make her remember.
When I finally got to the house, Annabel was in the kitchen, reading some sort of book, and brendon was no where to be seen. Thank god. I couldn't go through another sob story of his and still have confidence.
I said a quick hi to Annabel, and hopped in the shower.
I washed my body of the sweat and whatever else still lingered on me from last night.
Stepping out of the shower, I slipped on a shirt if brought over, and some black skinnies. Then I out on my glasses and my trademark fedora. It's bden a while since is work then anyways.
It's been a while since I've felt like Myself.
I'd do the whole 1900's movie thing, where you look in the mirror and rehearse what you're gonna say to the other person, and it might've worked if I actually knew what I was going to say. I know I know, pathetic right? I had the whole day to figure this out and I still haven't.
Wiping the fog out of the mirror, I looked myself in the eye.
Maybe I'd just use what came to me in the moment. Is always been good with words anyways.
By the time everything was ready, it was already 8:000 pm, and I started walking downstairs, where I was clouded my smoke.
"Uh, Annabel?" I called with a cough.
She answered with a few sputters herself.
"In the kitchen!"
I found my way to the kitchen to find Annabel hovering over the stove, an oven mitt in her hand. The book I saw here reading earlier was propped up on the counter. It was a cook book.
"Christ, did you burn something?" I asked between laughs.
Annabel pushed her hair back in frustration.
"No! That's the thing.. I was gonna make pizza, so I preheated the oven and then this..."
I sighed jokingly, an hurried over to where she was.
"Your parents always keep the pans in the oven, and take them out before they cook something." I opened the oven with a cough and started taking out the pots and pans, oven mitt on hand.
When everything was taken care of, and the smoke cleared, we both started laughing.
"Maybe I could use a little help?" She said, smiling.
My heart skipped a little, and I agreed.
We worked well together, and also decided to make pasta. We laughed, and joked about things. And for a while it felt like old times.
This was my time.
"So-" I started.
But I was interrupted when a noodle slapped me across the face.
I turned to see Annabel smiling like a five year old who just got candy.
I grabbed a hand full of flower and tossed it at her, getting even.
She screamed playfully and reached for the flower.
The next thing I knew, I was being pelted with flower, the whiten powder staining my shirt.
We collapsed into laughter, and continued throwing miscellaneous food items at each other.
Annabel ran for the living room, and I went after her, catching her by the waist.
"Alright, alright," she sputtered between gasps.
" I surrender, I surrender, you win."
We both laughed hysterically, and she turned around in my arms to face me.
Suddenly we got serious, and she looked me dead in the eye.
Say something, say something , i ordered myself.
But I couldn't. Because instead, I moved closed to he and pressed my lips against hers.
At first I felt defeated, for she didn't do anything. But then I felt her hands tighten around me, and her lips moving in sync beneath mind.
Yes.
This was it. This was the moment. She finally realized.
But when I ran my tongue against her teeth, asking for entrance, she threw herself off of me, and began stepping back.
"I-I'm sorry.. I just can't.." And then she disappeared upstairs.
Words couldn't even explain the way I felt as those words escaped her mouth, as her lips lost their place with in mine.
So I didn't say anything. I just bolted.

----------

I don't know how, but I ended up in my car, a suitcase in my backseat, parking in the airport parking lot.
I entered hurriedly, and went right up to the security check. I waited anxiously throughout the whole drill, and hurried through out the rest of the vast area.
I ran right up the cashier, and blurted out the first thing that came to mind.
"Cheapest ticket to Nevada please?"
"Only one way?"
I nodded.
I wasn't wanted here anyways.

__________________

Uh oh.. What's patrick doing?
And who's in Nevada??
Sorry for the heartbreak by the way, I honestly needed a box of tissues for this chapter :( .
Comment what you want to happen next !
Love youuuuuuuuuuu

XOXO - sav