Chapter Thirteen

Patricks P.O.V

As soon as she closed her eyes, I carried her into the strangers car. She was still breathing, but I didn't know how much time I had left.
How could this happen to her?
"Drive to the hospital!"
The driver nodded, clearly traumatized by this whole thing.
I imagined that this driver was someone who went to our school, but I hadn't been looking clearing at his face.
I looked down at my hands, and my body. All covered in blood.
Annabel had lost so much blood...
I heard sobbing, and it took me a while to realize that it was myself, crying, sobbing.
"Here."the driver said. His voice cracking. Was he crying because he'd just hit a person, and he was worried for her? Or was he crying because Annabel's family had every right to sue him?
I carried Annabel into the hospital, and immediately, the nurses and docters pull her onto a stretcher, and raced her into a room.
"Name?"
"I'm p-"
"No. Her name." The nurse seemed inpatient, which made me frustrated. How the hell could she be unpatient when my girlfriend just got hit by a car? When my girlfriends blood was all over my body.. When I didn't even know if I would see her again?
I felt more hot tears running down my cheeks.
"Name, sir, please tell me her name?"
"Annabel Greene, you ignorant cunt."
I heard a voice from behind me, and I saw the driver now, in the blinding light of the hospital. Suddenly an unknown adrenalin rushed through me, as my fist collided with Brendon Urie's cheek.
He doubled back, his hand in his cheek, but it didn't seem like he'd hit me back.
"Dude I'm sorry about this!" Brendon's voice cracked. "I really am!"
"You did it in purpose didn't you?"
He looked confused, as if he didn't know what he'd done.
"No! It was dark, and I could hardly see anything and-"
"I know what you did to her." I said, my voice hard. Tears were still running down my face, but I could still make my voice sound harsh.
"I know! You were right there! I was driving and-"
My first collided with his jaw again, and a grabbed the collar of his shirt.
"Not what just happened you fucking idiot. I know what happened in the Summer. At shays party... I know what you did to her.
Realization flooded through Brendon's eyes, and I let go of his collar.
"That..." He started. I nodded.,
"That was an accident.."
An accident?
"Oh really? What did you try to put it in? Her fucking purse?" I punched him one last time, and This time, I heard a crack. The nurse must've heard it to, because she asked him over to fill out his name.
Brendon sat in a complete different side of the room, until he was called in to get examined.
By that time, a nurse came out for me, and I jumped up, hoping to hear some good news.
"The doctors are trying everything they can," she said in a sorry voice. Clearly she's used to giving out information like this. Breaking the news to people in loss.
"And?" I said, clearing my throat, trying not to cry again.
"She's not.. Responding."
And what the hell does that mean , "she's not responding" , that could mean millions of things!
"She's breathing isn't she?" I asked, impatient.
"Yes. But we don't know how long that will last. I'm sorry."
Trying not to cry, I rubbed my eyes, and looked away.
"Can I see her?"
"They're still mending to her. Major concusion, internal bleeding, whiplash, and major loss of blood. We've contacted her parents, and hopefully they'll let you in on everything. I'm very sorry."
The nurse patted my shoulder, then swiftly took her hand back when she noticed all of the stains in my clothes.
"I think we have some extra clothes back in the cupboard."
"Thank you."
The nurse led me back into the cupboard and have me done oversized clothes wrapped in light plastic.
I showed myself to the bathroom, and changed into the items.
Then I looked at myself in the mirror, and wanted to cry all over again.
I didn't even recognize who I was.
I couldn't even see myself.
Turning the facet on, I splashed my face with cold water, and washed all the dirt and blood off.
And looked up at myself again.
Who was this person who was looking back at me?
The person who couldn't stop crying, the person who'd attacked another, and most likely broken his jaw.
Mirrors were supposed to tell the truth, but now, I couldn't even see myself.
I turned the lights off and stood there for a few moments, then left, preparing myself for what was coming next.