Chapter four

"Thanks.." I said while wiping the tears away from my face.
"I have to go to class.." I started walking away, embarrassed.
"No you need to go home." Patrick caught my arm
"What I need is to be left alone."
But we both knew that was a lie. He didn't loosen his grip on my arm, and I didn't try to pull away. I knew I needed him, and I knew he wouldn't leave my side.
For some reason this made me even more emotional, and I collapsed into his arms.
"I'm going to take you home okay?" He started walking, and I tried but my feet dragged a little.
I pulled myself together and stood up straight, which frankly was really hard for me.
"You have class.." My voice wasn't as strong as it usually was, but I hoped it wasn't as noticeable.
"You're more important." Patrick stated, taking my hand and walking a little.
"Hey I'm gonna go get the car, you wait here alright?"
I nodded, though I wasn't really paying attention. My mind was on the words he'd said before.
'You're more important'
I stood there, trying to fathom this. It was friendship, I got that part. But I felt something else.
Shhh, Annabel. It's just me..
No.
This couldn't be happening.
I hated this. I hated how every act of kindness took me back to That night.
How even the mention of a relationship with anyone made me remember him.
Suddenly patrick pulled up with the car, and I got in.

-----------------------

"Thanks" I said in monotone, as he dropped me off at my house.
"No problem. But you're gonna have to come up with an excuse for your sister. Look."
He said motioning to my house.
Unlike most of the houses on the block, my house was glass. Literally.
You could see into the living room, the kitchen, and the dining room on the downstairs area. In the upstairs, the only thing that was transparent was my moms office. The bathrooms and bedrooms were kept in secrecy for obvious reasons.
Now, as I stared into my living room and saw my sister, Cara, standing there.
"I guess so." I responded.
We said our goodbyes and I watched him drive away, leaving anxiety in my blood.
He wouldn't tell anyone about this right?
But that's not what I had to worry about right now. Apparently my dust had seen me too.
I slowly walked into the house and waited.
"Annabel?" I heard Cara's annoyed call before I saw her.
Then she came around the thresh hold, and just like any other day, she was worse than the day before.

------------------

Ever since Cara was a little kid, she was beautiful. She was the prettiest out of all three sisters. But by far, she wasn't the nicest.
Cara always kept everything inside, never letting anyone know everything. She was always angry at something, and none if us ever expected depression, but there it was. Out of no where.
When she turned 18, she moved into a flat with my sister. And that's when it started.
The weight loss. The purging. The bulimia..
Every time they would come home from New York, Cara was skinnier, the circles under her eyes were darker, and the cuts on her arms would be multiplied.
She was a complete wreck. Finally my parents came out of denial, and submitted her to doctors, therapies, and schools.
They couldn't stand to see her like that, and neither could I.
I just didn't understand why she didn't just help herself.
Guess that's hypocritical of me to say..
Truth be told, I didn't understand it myself... Why I couldn't just tell someone what had happened that night. Why I couldn't tell someone what Brendon had done to me.