Chapter Twelve

Telling my parents was much harder than telling patrick, do to the detail I put into it.
It probably would've helped, but I couldn't leave anything out. They needed to know everything.
I'd expected my mom to freak out, to start dialing Brendon's parents, and cussing them out.
But instead, she just kept staring at the distance, silent tears rolling down her face.
My sisters almost had the same reaction, but Cara wasn't looking at the distance, she was looking straight at me.
My father, trying to act strong, kept his eyes on my mother.
And even though patrick had heard this story already before, I could feel it still brought pain to him. His hand was rested on my knee, and he kept grasping it tighter, every time I said something that was the slightest bit painful.
I didn't eat much, and neither did anyone else, painfully engrossed in my story.
When I was finally done, no one said anything for a whole, until my mother finally spoke up.
"When... When?" She asked shakily.
"This summer. In July."
Mom nodded slowly, and Cara finally spoke up.
"Why didn't you tell me? I could've done.. Something.." Cara's voice was strong, yet broken down.
"I didn't want to believe it. I didn't wanna think about it."
My family went on Talking about it, and it felt good to let everything out. To tell more than one person the truth.
This was something I'd never done since that night, and now, I felt as if there was a weight lifted off of my shoulders.
Then an awkward silence fell between us, and Sarah must've felt that I was done talking, because she started to clear the table and clean the dishes.
Everyone seemed to be taking this ok, other than my mom, who was just sitting there. There weren't any tears this time, but I could tell she wasn't alright. I could tell this had taken it's toll on her too.
"We should go upstairs," I said to patrick, and he nodded and stood up.
We silently headed up to my room and headed to my room.
I closed the door behind us, and turned around.
He was unhappy again.
"I'm sorry.." I numbered, thinking I did something.
"No it's just.." Patrick lay down on my bed.
"I hate it. I hate what he did to you. It's fucked up, and I just want to do something about it."
He sighed, and I lay down next to him.
"You can't.." I said, my voice low.
I could feel his breathing on his lips, and smell the peppermint of his breath.
"I could beat the shit out of him." He said, propping himself up on one elbow.
"Mm. How about you just kiss me instead."
I knew he really wouldn't beat Brendon up, but I still got a little worried.
Patrick kissed me quickly, and then pulled away.
"I should get going."
"See I was kind if thinking you could stay here for the night...?"
He gave me a look that at first, I thought meant he was going to say no.
But then he gave me another kiss, and said, "let's go get some clothes from my house then."
And we exited the now dark house, and into the even darker night.
Patrick held my hand, wrapping his fingers around mine.
Then suddenly, a car whizzed out infront of us, and I felt myself be thrown to the ground.
When I opened my eyes, my vision was blurry, and I felt a weird draining feeling.
I tried picking up my head, but it suddenly felt too heavy.
Black spots suddenly started to form in my eyes, and I heard someone call out my name.
Then I saw Patrick's face infront of mine, and realized he was the one screaming my name, and I also realized thatc the car that had been whiz sing past, had hit me. And that's why I was lying on the ground.
I focused more on patrick now, and saw there were stains of blood all over him. My blood.
Odly I couldn't feel any of the pain. But I could tell patrick was feeling all of it.
Tears were rolling down his face and he was screaming to me intensely.
"Annabel can you hear me?!" He yelled, but I just stared past him, into the sky.
"Talk!"
I felt something cold fall onto my cheek.
"Look...." I said, bringing my arm to his face, and causing more blood to get on him.
"Look?" He sobbed, putting his hand over mine.
"Look at what? We have to get you to the hospital!"
"Look. It's snowing.." I said, as more flakes fell onto me.
Then I felt my eyes begin to close, and he picked me up, cradling me in his arms.
By this point, he was covered in blood, and crying and sobbing uncontrolably.
"No!" He yelled, shaking me a little.
"Don't you close your eyes!" Patrick was screaming at me now, and I saw the face of the driver come into place.
"I'm sorry.." The driver said.
I knew that voice so well.
Brendon and patrick both leaned over me, but patrick didn't seem to notice who he was at first.
"We need to get her to a hospital!" I heard him yell.
And before I knew it, I was blacking out.
The last thing I saw was patrick sobbing, squeezing me tighter.
"Don't close your eyes Annabel.. Please.. I love you!"
Then everything went black, and any feeling there ever was, faded into nothing.