Chapter Five

"Grounded?" I asked patrick over the phone.
"Isn't that for like, kids?"
He chuckled slightly.
Apparently after Patrick's mom found out he'd left school early, she wasn't as forgiving as my sister. I told her the nurse sent me home, and that I had a fever, and all she did was walk away, annoyed.
"Apparently not to her," he continued.
"It's only a week, but still."
I nodded, then realized he obviously couldn't hear me. Then suddenly something came to mind.
"You didn't tell you mom about..?"
"Course not A. I wouldn't do that to you."
I flushed, and now I was glad he couldn't see me.
We were silent for a fee moments, then I heard patrick Clear his throat.
"So the movies the other night. It was uh... Well I liked it."
Smiling, I answered him back.
"Me too. Loved it actually. It was perfect."
"Yeah aside from the fact we were alone." He added, leaving me in fluster.
"We weren't alone. We were alone together. You know because no one else was in there, and it was just us, and at first it was-"
"Wait what?" Patrick cut my rambling off, and focused on something I'd said.
"Hmm?"
"Alone together?"
His interest on these words confused me, but I still answered.
"Oh that. It's just some stupid thing I came up with." It was the truth really. Just a thing that came up in my mind.
"No. It not stupid. It's great."
There was a few ruffles on the other end of the call, and I could tell he was moving around.
"Listen, can you come over, like now?"
Patricks voice was filled with both excitement, and anxiety, a mixture I knew all too well.
"Thought you were grounded," I joked, already throwing on my jacket.
"Moms out for the night. Hurry upp."
He hung up the phone, and I rushed out the door, jogging over to his house, which was only a block away.
Anxiety rise in my blood, and I knew the exact reasoning. We were making a song.

---------------------

"Why isn't anyone else here?" I asked patrick, while placing myself down on his bed.
"Because are voices would sound better."
I blushes, and he smiled.
"Plus it's your idea.."
Guessing this was his way of flirting, I smiled at him, but he just turned away, focussing on the music. So much for trying.
"I uh, still have to write a little but, it should be done soon. I have the guitar ready, so if you wanna, you can practice on that.
I nodded, and took my guitar out of the case, beginning to practice some of the chords.
Playing the guitar brand me back to thoughts about Leo, thoughts about that night with brendon. It felt so wrong, yet so right. But as much a there was good to bad, only the bad flashbacks came in.

*********
I was back at that night of the part. Back at the night of the incident.
I had just got done playing a song that someone had requested, and I had been in the family room, alone, putting my guitar back in my case.
"You've got a great voice, you know."
I looked up to see Brendon standing there, a red cup in his hand.
"Really?" I asked, flushing a little.
Brendon was Shay's boyfriend, and he'd really never showed acknowledgement to me until now.
If always seen him as this serious, mysterious older dude, but now, as he smiled at me and complimented me, I imagined that was just an act to impress shay.
"Course. You're great at playing too. I play too you know."
He began to walk closer, until he was sitting next to me on the couch.
I remembered a weird discomfort sweeping over me, as I'd never been so close to him before, and I wasn't sure I wanted to be.
"Oh here-" I began to hand him the guitar, but he stopped me.
"I can do it from here."
Brendon reached one arm around me, and one arm around my waist, and began to stun the chords.
I remembered how I started panicking then, and as I'd looked into the crowd of people to make sure no one was paying attention to this.
"Brendon you're awfully-"
"If all out life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed..."
He began to get closer to my my ear, and sing a unfamiliar song. Butterflies swarmed in my stomach, and not the good kind either.
Suddenly I jumped up, and excuses myself practically Running out of the room.

********

"The song's ready." Patricks voice snapped me back into reality, as he cued me over to the couch in his room.
We went over the melody, and the sound, and I showed him the guitar chords, then finally we started.
"I'm the yellow, and you're the green. The blue is both of us." I nodded, and started strumming on his cue.
"I don't know where you're going
But do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going
But I don't think I'm coming home and I said.."
Hearing Patricks's voice again, gave me this odd feeling of happiness, that I couldn't even explain.. I didn't even know I had those kind of feelings anymore. Not after brendon.
I stared inspiringly at him while he sung, and before I knew it I was joining in with him.
"Say yeah
Let's be alone together
We could stay young forever
Scream it from the top of your lungs, lungs, lungs
Say yeah
Let's be alone together
We could stay young forever
We'll stay young, young, young, young, young."
The song was amazing, I had t admit it.
People at our school were good at football, being pretty, being popular. Patrick was good at music. Everything music. It wasn't just something he was good at, it was his super power.
We finished the song, and were out of breath more a minute.
Then we stared at eachother, there was a feeling if accomplishment in both of us, but that wasn't just it. I felt something more. Something I didn't know I could feel again.
Then, I realized he wasn't looking at my eyes. He was looking at my lips.
And all of the sudden, his hand was on the side of my face, and he was moving closer.
I watched his eyes close, and I felt mine close too. I was moving closer to him as well, and that same feeling was pounding in my heart.
Patrick and I were going to kiss. Excitement and anxiety rose up in me, as I grew closet and waited for our lips to make contact.
Shhh, Annabel. It's just me.
And then all of the sudden, all those feelings went away, and I opened my eyes, pushing myself away from him.
The guitar, still around my shoulder, sprang up and hit me in the nose due to the force.
Soon enough my nose was gushing blood, and patrick was on his feel, trying to help me.
"I'm fine.. I just.. I have to go."
And with that, i rushed out of his house, and sprinted to mine.

***********
Hey :)
So how's everyone liking the story so far? This chapter was really shitty, but I was kinda rushing through it.
But anyways I have a couple questions for youuuuu.
1.) What song was brendon singing? ;)
2.) what do you think brendon did to Annabel?
Comment your answers, and also comments any reviews. I love you guys a lot :*