17.

Happy reading!!

The situation got worse. After First said about Pawin being caught going through Khaotung's bag -according to him- the boy became suspected by several students, including Joong and Louis.
Pawin even swore that he didn't do anything to Khaotung's books and stool.
But first's words were believed by them, making Pawin upset and then go to first who was currently in the cafeteria.

"You must take responsibility."

First raised his eyebrows, confused by Pawin's sudden arrival with an angry look on his face.

"I didn't do anything to Khaotung. But because of you, now everyone thinks it was me."

"What did I say wrong?"

Pawin gritted his teeth, obviously First was wrong to accuse him of rummaging through Khaotung's bag at that time but of course Pawin had no other alibi to explain his actions at that time.

"But I swear to you, I'm not the culprit."

"I am not accusing you."

Pawin sighed, he did not know how else to explain his situation as badly as Khaotung was right now because of first.

"How much do you hate me because of that group chat?" pawin asked.

first sighed. khaotung didn't even talk about that anymore, he was more curious about who and why his math book was missing.
first also told pawin to be casual like khaotung if he wasn't the culprit, because what would protect him was not first but the truth he had.
.
.
.

"You're really not planning to report this to Mr. Nan?"

first went back to khaotung who was still at home on the roof, waiting for his books to dry.

"No," khaotung replied as he savored the canned drink brought by his friend.

"Why? Are you afraid things will get worse if you complain to the teachers?"

first then sighed and patted khaotung's shoulder. he said khaotung didn't need to worry because first would always be by his side.

"No, silly. I'm an adult, I can handle this kind of problem by myself."

First recalled how Khaotung looked weak in Marc's arms, but now he was trying to look strong in front of First.
Maybe first's jealousy didn't know the time, but he couldn't help it anymore.

"hey, khao."

"hem?"

"Can you tell me if you're afraid of this kind of thing?"

Khaotung blinked his eyes in confusion, but finally nodded in agreement to first's request.

"Um, of course. You're the first person I'll go to."

First smiled a little, then tore his gaze away from Khaotung's face. He was so self-conscious.
That one sweet sentence was enough to make First happy and forget his jealousy.

"Why are you accusing pawin?" asked first, trying to divert his misbehavior by changing the subject.

Khaotung shrugged his shoulders. "Because on that bench his words showed that he was like Pawin, he wanted me to confess to being the thief of his book? Because Louis had said that he believed me, so I immediately thought that it was Pawin."

That makes sense, because Khaotung's suspicions were confirmed by Pawin himself yesterday at First, if Pawin did not yet believe that Khaotung was not the perpetrator of the disappearance of his book and also Louis' book.

"If you think about it, is pawin really the victim of bullying from aje?"

Khaotung then chuckled, after all this time and first questioned.