Chapter 1

Lu Zhi was downstairs and could smell the food coming from her family's window. Cooking was the only specialty of Lu Zhi's father, Mr. Lu Yang. She held the delivery boxes that were piled up to her chin with both hands. She stepped into the elevator at the last moment before it was about to close.

She let out a sigh of relief. She tried to free up one hand to press the floor button, but saw that the fifth floor had already been pressed and put her hand back.

Then she heard the man beside her ask, "What floor?"

She smiled and replied, "I'm on the fifth floor, too."

After she spoke, the man turned his head to look at her and she could see the man's face.

Almost instantly, she began to regret not wearing makeup when she went out to get the boxes.

After graduation, Lu Zhi worked hard in a big city for many years. Although she saved some money, she still couldn't overcome the pressure of wanting to live a better life and chose to return to a small city: her hometown.

After she came back, she lived with her parents and they provided her with everything. When she was planning to buy a home, she saw that the prices in her hometown were surprisingly affordable compared to the big city, so she lived comfortably.

However, the only bad thing was that handsome men were rare in this part of the world, since she went from a big city to a small city. Her mother, Mrs. Mo Zhu, was also worried about her marriage. She wanted to introduce Lu Zhi to a few guys. Lu Zhi would just look at the photos and give a pass. She didn't want to see them.

At this moment, the looks of the person next to her was the best out of all the ones she had ever been interested in.

She looked at him silently from her peripherals and said softly, "Oh, so we are neighbors. I have never seen you before."

The man looked at her for a few seconds and said, "I don't live here, my parents do."

"Ooooh," Lu Zhi drew out a syllabe. She quietly made the boxes that were almost going to fall more unsteady. The top box fell to the ground as she had expected. "Ummmm."

The man bent down and picked it up. She saw his fair, slender, well-defined fingers.

After he picked it up, he reached over and took a delivery box from her. "Let me help you."

There were only two small boxes left in Lu Zhi's hand. It was a lot lighter. She smiled and said, "Thank you."

Soon, the elevator reached the fifth floor. They walked  out of the elevator. She turned around and said, "Give it to me."

The man gently put the boxes on top, and Lu Zhi thanked him again. He politely replied that you're welcome, and then they went in different directions.

Lu Zhi didn't close the door when she went out. She pushed open the open door with her feet and put the box on the ground. She could finally relax. When she turned to close the door, she just saw that the door from across had just closed.

"What are you buying all day long? Every day the deliveries don't stop." Mrs. Mo Zhu, Lu Zhi's mother, had seen her come back and scolded her as usual. She was sitting on the sofa and watching a drama on the TV.

Lu Zhi: "It's required for work, mom."

As a slightly famous beauty blogger, Lu Zhi needed to constantly try out new products and she would receive gifts from a lot of brands. Since she came home, her family had to clean up the delivery boxes at least once a day.

Lu Yang and Mo Zhu didn't understand, but they also signed up for an account to watch her videos every day. At first, they thought that Lu Zhi was not doing an actual job. Later, they learned that Lu Zhi could make a lot of money through advertisements, so they stopped talking about it. Instead, they begun to urge her to get married.