Chapter 2

After saying good night to Ling He, Lu Zhi switched screens to find her best friend, Cen Xue.

She typed on her phone's keyboard: Did we have someone called Ling He is our high school?

Cen Xue was a night owl, and replied very quickly: Please go to our high school's ten year class reunion and ask about him. Who doesn't know the name Ling He?

Is that an exaggeration?

Lu Zhi didn't think it was: You're exaggerating. It hasn't been ten years since we graduated.

But after Cen Xue's intense explanation, Lu Zhi had a bit of an idea of who Ling He was.

Back then, Ling He was a study god who took first place in science all year round. Of course, it wasn't just his achievements that made him legendary in the eyes of the other students. He had a pretty face that stood out in front of other people, even in honor roll pictures that everyone regarded as their black history.

At that time, Lu Zhi was in the liberal arts class. She didn't know much about the achievements of students from the science class. Moreover, her mind was not focused on studying. She was busy dating people everyday. They would break up and she would date the next one. She rarely had a window of free time.

It was reasonable to say that Ling He's appearance would have certainly left an impression on her. However, she really liked hooligan bad boys back then and had no interests in top students who were flowers of kaolin. After learning that Ling He was a good student, she stopped thinking about maybe dating him. Over time, she forgot about him. It had also been seven years since she was in high school.

She couldn't stop herself from feeling regret. She sighed, in the past I was really obsessed with dating and was blind about him.

When Lu Zhi arrived at the coffee shop they had agreed on, Ling He was already sitting there.

He was wearing a long windbreaker today. He looked a little more mature and dependable compared to the hoodie he wore when she met in the elevator. He seemed to be more serious and disciplined.

She had intentionally dressed up today. She thought that a good student like him would like the gentle type, so she wore a cream colored dress and soft light makeup.

She sat down slowly and smiled softly at him.

After they politely introduced themselves, Ling He said, "Since everyone has a goal, I'll just get straight to the point."

Lu Zhi blinked and cutely said, "Okay, say it."

Ling He: "I am currently working in a planetarium. I am 25 years old. I have no bad habits. I have an apartment and a car. My personality falls short in some places, but I can make some changes for my wife. As for other living habits, I think we can gradually discuss it. And naturally, I will also guarantee my absolute loyalty to my partner. If you think that there are no problems, then we can register right away."

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Lu Zhi's eyes widened. Her mouth was gaping for a long time before she could straighten  out her thoughts. "Register? Today?"

Ling He took a sip of coffee and nodded.

Lu Zhi suspiciously asked, "Don't you want to know more about me?"

Ling He paused and politely replied, "If you want to share it."

Lu Zhi cleared her throat. "I'm a beauty blogger right now. Although I don't earn as much as other bloggers, I can support myself. You don't have to worry about that. Moreover, I don't have any bad habits."

Once she said this, she tilted her head and thought for a while. Then, she corrected herself, "Sometimes I will drink some wine with my friends, but not much."

"I don't have an apartment or a car, but I was going to buy an apartment soon. My personality is okay, and hm..." she tried to recall what he said just now. "I can also guarantee my loyalty."

Lu Zhi thought she saw him smile slightly, and was captivated by his face for a moment.

Ling He: "I have no objections."

Lu Zhi was surprised and said, "I don't have any either."

Crazy, it's simply crazy.

Although Lu Zhi has always considered herself unconventional and loved freedom, she never thought that she would get married with someone she went on one date with and had known for less than three days.

It was not until she was on the way back from the Civil Affairs Bureau, sitting in Ling He's car and looking at the stamps in the two small red books, that she slowly came back to reality.

She tilted her head and asked, "Are we married?"

Ling He was driving seriously. Hearing her, he turned his head to glance at her, and a small smile appeared on the corner of his lips. "Yes."

Lu Zhi patted her chest and exhaled.

This is too bold, too insane.

Lu Zhi looked at him and cautiously asked, "Are you going through a late rebellious period?"

Ling He smiled again. He seemed in a good mood. "I'm not being rebellious. My mother is very satisfied with you."

Meng Jun, Ling He's mother, did ask her a lot of questions every time she saw her. It was as if Lu Zhi was her own daughter.

Lu Zhi sighed. She looked down at the lines on her dress, and said nothing.

Seeing her become silent, Ling He glanced at her again. "Sorry, I didn't give you too much time to think about it."

Lu Zhi quickly shook her head. "It's what I want."

Ling He didn't tie her up to go to the Civil Affairs Bureau. She was the one who took the lead and impulsively want back to get the Hukou book to register for the marriage without stopping to think. She came up with the conclusion that all these outrageous actions happened because of one reason: she was seduced by a beautiful man.

Yet, she did not feel any regret after calming down. Instead, she felt a little excited and overjoyed, as if she was flying. Her heart was also soaring. Maybe she was looking forward to her future life, or maybe she was looking forward to getting to know her husband since she did not know much about him. She wasn't sure, but she was willing to try and be with him.

Mo Zhu and Lu Yang didn't come back until dinner time. Lu Zhi stopped Lu Yang from rushing to make dinner. She asked them to sit on the sofa, while she straightened up with a serious expression.

They both had a strange feeling that something important had happened.

Lu Zhi took a deep breath and swiftly said, "Mom, dad, I'm married."

The room was silent for three seconds.

They probably tried to appear calm under their mixed emotions. Mo Zhu took a deep breath and asked, "With who?"

After saying that, Lu Zhi let out a big sigh of relief, and her tone was starting to become more relaxed. "With Ling He."

Mo Zhu slapped her on the back. "What nice things do you want me to say about you? You made a decision on such a big thing without discussing it with your parents. Am I just a decoration for show? Even if I am really satisfied with Ling He, I can't help it if you act so foolishly like that! What do you know about him? How long have you known him? Hm? Marriage is one of the most important events in your life, so why are you treating it like a drama?"

She hit her several times in rows. Lu Zhi cried out in pain while trying to dodge, "I know, I know, there won't be a next time."

Mo Zhu was so angry that she closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. Lu Yang sat beside her to console her.

"There's a next time? Do you want a divorce or something? Let me tell you something, you need to get along with him. Now that you are married, you can not be a child." Now that the marriage has happened, Lu Yang couldn't say anything else.

As for Ling He, Lu Zhi didn't know how he explained it to his family. In the end, the families had a meal together, and they were friendly and on good terms.

After both families had the time to accept what had happened as true, they were very happy with the marriage.