Chapter 6

After Lu Zhi drank, there were some things that she didn't remember. Although she recalled pieces of it, she didn't remember it completely. But the way her body was feeling after waking up told her that she was very comfortable and happy last night.

Ling He has gone to work. She reached for her cell phone next to her bed and forced her eyes open.

There were many unread messages. She first clicked Ling He's message.

Ling He: There is shredded ginger and fish soup in the kitchen. It can help with the hangover.

It was so concise, and followed proper grammar.

Lu Zhi had to laugh. She didn't know why. She didn't want to just say thank you to Ling He, so she sent a sticker with cats shooting hearts.

Lu Zhi originally thought that they would be the kind of husband and wife who respected each other as guests. Even if they needed to perform some marital obligations, she thought that they would do it in a strict businesslike way and sleep separately after they were finished. But it didn't seem like that last night.

Lu Zhi vaguely remembered that she and Ling He were very intimate last night. He always pestered her for a kiss, and was unwilling to let go when they did kiss. It was like they were really true newlyweds, and he held her as they fell asleep.

All of this exceeded the courteous atmosphere she had imagined at the beginning.

She began to not know how she would face Ling He. She knew very well how aggressive she was after drinking. She didn't think she would be so reserved when she saw Ling He's body under the alcohol's influence last night.

Although she had been in love many times, she had never been so reserved in bed. She was always given pleasure and would come. However, the feeling Ling He gave her always felt a little special. At first, she thought he was boring. Later, she discovered that teasing him was the most amusing thing she could do—and she didn't want to scare him away so early.

However, she was not the only one who enjoyed what had happened last night. Ling He seemed to have enjoyed it, too.

As Lu Zhi reached this thought, she was relieved and stopped thinking about it.

Lu Zhi was simple and never bothered with anything for more than ten minutes. She stayed at home and edited videos for the whole day. At five o'clock in the afternoon, she received Ling He's message asking her to go to the hospital with him to see his father. It was then that she suddenly remembered that she still had a husband.

Ling He's father, Ling Zhao, had been ill in the hospital. Lu Zhi learned from Ling He's mother that Ling He used to work in the space agency. Last year, he returned to his hometown because his father suddenly became seriously ill. He even quit his job there and moved over here. Then, he started working in the planetarium.

Lu Zhi guessed that his father's illness was probably the reason why he was in a rush to get married.

Ling He's mother, Meng Jun, had spoken to her with regret. She always felt that they had burdened Ling He. At that time, Lu Zhi thought that it was better to not say anything, so she just squeezed her hand to console her.

Since she was married to Ling He, it was necessary to visit his father in the hospital.

She put on some light makeup that was appropriate for meeting the parents, and wore a long skirt and a wool jacket. It made her look much more mature and poise than usual.

Ling He was waiting for her in the underground garage. The moment she saw Ling He, those fragrant, but erotic memories of last night came to mind.

She saw how calm and collected Ling He appeared, so she just got into his car. Everyone was an adult now. In any case, they both got what they needed, so there's nothing to be ashamed of.