Chapter 13

As soon as Lu Zhi entered, Zhu Chi saw her. His eyes brightened, but then he saw Ling He beside her and his face stiffened a bit. Lu Zhi wasn't paying attention to how his expressions changed. She just glanced at him and sat down like normal.

She didn't show any reaction, and Ling He naturally didn't notice anything.

Lu Zhi was suddenly nervous, but she didn't have any feelings for Zhu Chi. She just didn't want Ling He to meet Zhu Chi for some reason. It's strange that before, she could eat with her ex-boyfriend and current boyfriend on the same table without feeling awkward. But now, she was only aware of the fact that she didn't want Ling He to see Zhu Chi.

As a result, she was a little absent-minded while she was eating her meal. Ling He could naturally feel that her mind was not here. He just thought it was a little odd, but he didn't say anything. He still put some food in her bowl.

Finally, when Ling He got up to pay the bill, Lu Zhi stopped him. She said that since she was the one to visit him after work today, she should be the one paying for this meal.

Ling He smiled and did not refuse.

Lu Zhi liked this aspect of Ling He a lot. He was not chauvinistic. He would not get angry because Lu Zhi said he was inexperienced in bed, nor would he hate that Lu Zhi would talk like a child to him. And at this moment, he would not feel disrespected because Lu Zhi wanted to pay the bill.

When Lu Zhi finished paying the bill, she suddenly wanted to go to the bathroom. She asked Ling He to wait here a moment while she went to find the bathroom.

Ling He stood near the door and waited for her. Suddenly, a man he didn't know appeared.

He only knew that he was also a customer at this restaurant, and just now, he was sitting several tables away from them.

The man stood in front of him and looked at him from top to bottom. This made Ling He frown.

Zhu Chi: "Are you her boyfriend?"

Ling He suddenly realized who this person was.

He also realized the reason for Lu Zhi's absent mindedness at the dinner table just now, and his complexion immediately sank.

He put on a fake smile. "I am her husband."

Zhu Chi was surprised and his eyes widened. He then laughed as if he had heard some big joke. "She's willing to get married?"

Ling He clenched his hands quietly.

Zhu Chi still didn't believe it. "Dude, you are not the type she likes at all. Give up. She is just trying something new for a while."

This time, Ling He couldn't smile politely even if he tried. "We are married."

Zhu Chi ignored what he said and haughtily lifted his chin up. "Is Lu Zhi good in bed?"

He put his hands in his pockets, and his eyes narrowed slightly. "To tell you the truth, I still really like her. If you really did marry her, you should pay closer attention. All I'm saying is, I don't mind being the third—"

Before he could finish speaking, he lost his voice. It was replaced by the muffled sound he made as fists hit his face.

When Lu Zhi came back, she saw Ling He and Zhu Chi fighting. A waiter Waa trying to stop them, and they barely let go.

Lu Zhi quickly assessed what was happening at this moment and confirmed that Ling He had the upper hand in the fight just now. She felt relieved.

Zhu Chi got up from the ground and saw Lu Zhi. Even though his face was covered with bruises, he still had an arrogant expression. He wiped the blood from his mouth with his thumb and smirked, "I haven't seen you for so long. Did you change your taste?"

Lu Zhi turned around and did not look at him again. She touched the wound on Ling He's mouth and asked, "Are you all right?"

Ling He grabbed her hand and shook his head.

Zhu Chi could not stand watching this for any longer, and he questioned spitefully, "You found such a pretty little face, but can his salary support you?"

Lu Zhi finally turned around and looked at him immediately.

Zhu Chi felt a bit of fear from her gaze that was too direct and full of disgust. He knows what kind of person Lu Zhi was. When she liked a man, she would want to spoil him. When she did not like him, it was unnecessary to even glance at him. There were many times when he was afraid of her.

Lu Zhi: "First of all, I don't rely on anyone to provide for me. I can support myself. Second, my husband is much better and more outstanding than you. And finally, I hope that this is the last time we meet."

She pulled Ling He's hand and walked out. Ling He let her lead him, and he looked at her. He saw her puffy cheeks from anger and felt her tightly hold onto his hand.

This was the first time they had held hands.

He tightened his grip quietly. After that, he put both their hands in his pocket, and the smile on his lips deepened.

Once they were home, Lu Zhi sat down with her cross-legged on the sofa. There was a medicine box on the coffee table. She took a cotton swab to clean Ling He's wound.

Ling He had always been gentle and courteous towards strangers. Lu Zhi never thought he would forget himself like that today and would fight with someone in public. Although she didn't know the whole story, she had an idea when she thought about it. She knew that Zhu Chi must have said something that Ling He really couldn't listen to and punched him. Also, the only connection between Ling He and Zhu Chi was her.

Ling He must have done it because of her.

When she applied the medicine, she carefully looked at Ling He's face. He only had a little bruise on the corner of his mouth. Lu Zhi thought she might be a little crazy. She actually felt that Ling He was more handsome with the wound.

"That man is my ex-boyfriend," she started to explain.

Lu Zhi felt a little strange. In the past, she hated explaining her previous relationships to her boyfriends, but now she felt like doing something like this.

Ling He: "I know."

Lu Zhi: "I broke up with him a long time ago. I have  said before that if I got married, I would guarantee my loyalty to our marriage."

She felt that Ling He deserved a serious explanation and gave him one.

As a female, she knew how popular Ling He was among his female colleagues just from the way You Qiao looked at him. But Ling He's attitude the other day was enough to make her feel that she could choose to completely trust Ling He.

She was glad that even though this was a marriage that started a little recklessly, it was not a stale marriage at this point. They were still slowly getting a feel of how to treat each other as husband and wife. In any case, they both chose to agree to the simple commitment they had made to each other at the very beginning—to guarantee absolute loyalty to their partners.

Ling He grabbed her hand that she was about to take back after applying the medicine. "Zhi Zhi, you don't need to explain to me. I believe you even if you don't say anything."

Lu Zhi felt her cheeks warming up. She heard Ling He say, "Also, thank you. It feels really good to be protected by you."

He held in his grin and looked at her as he slowly said this.

Lu Zhi poked him in the chest with a pout. "Now you know how good I am."

He took her finger, put it on his lips, and kissed it. He smiled. "I always knew."

Lu Zhi heard her heart beating chaotically.

She blinked and thought, why is my husband so handsome and kind?!

In the next second, she was suddenly in his arms and sitting on his thighs. He lowered his head and kissed her lips. The cotton swab in her hand fell to the ground, yet nobody cared.