Chapter 18: End

After Ling He married Lu Zhi, Ling He's father's ill condition miraculously improved. It might be because their wedding had happened, so everyone was in better spirits.

Today was the day Ling Zhao left the hospital. Lu Zhi and Ling He went to the hospital to pick him up. Ling He's mother, Meng Jun, cooked a table of food at home and waited for Ling He's father to come home.

Although their parents lived across from each other, this was the first time that everyone had gathered together for a meal since becoming a family. Meng Jun could hardly stop smiling.

Lu Zhi didn't eat a lot, so she put down her chopsticks early. Meng Jun and Mo Zhu were already sitting on the sofa and chatting. Ling He was still drinking with Lu Yang, while Ling Zhao was on the side being envious since he could only eat some peanuts to satisfy his cravings.

Lu Zhi has nothing to do. Meng Jun saw that she was bored, so she took her to Ling He's room. She smiled and told her to take a good look around. Then, she closed the door and went out.

This was the place where Ling He stayed the most in before he went to college. The room was very clean, but it was not bland. The style was reminiscent of a tidy male high school student.

There are several posters of galaxies on the wall. In the bookshelf, aside from the exercise books for the physics competitions from high school, there were books about astronomy. Lu Zhi felt his love for astronomy again.

Her eyes scanned across the row of trophies he won in various competitions, many of which were won in high school. Lu Zhi couldn't help it and thought, he was so dazzling in high school, why did I miss out on him then?

She suddenly felt sad because they had missed out on so many years that they could have been together.

She picked up a physics exercise book and opened it to the cover page. What she saw was the neat and large words: Third Year, Class One: Ling He.

It's strange that just by looking at these words he wrote, she felt her heart pounding for no reason. It was like she returned to high school and became a young, worried girl.

She had to laugh and flipped through the book. Then, she saw a piece of paper fall out of it.

It was a letter. The paper had turned yellow, but the handwriting was still clear.

She stopped when she saw the first two words, and her eyes widened a little.

The letter began with—

Classmate Lu Zhi:

Hello, I'm Ling He, a second year student from class one.

Ling He wrote a love letter to me?

She calmed down for a moment and forced herself to keep being calm. She turned the letter around but did not see any other words.

This was a letter that only had a beginning.

But why didn't he keep writing it? Why didn't he give it to me?

Lu Zhi's hand trembled slightly because of her rising emotions. In the next second, she felt a familiar warm embrace.

Ling He came in at some point and put his arms around her from behind. The tip of his nose rubbed against her neck. He smelled faintly of wine.

"Ling He." She was ticklish and scrunched up a bit.

"Hm?" Ling He then opened his eyes and saw the letter in Lu Zhi's hand.

The letter he had not seen for a long time and had already turned yellow pulled on his heart strings.