ACT 1 : Chapter 5

Note:

Researching is a pain. History is a pain and it took me a while to understand when things happened and why. I am not very far into the game lore so I have to search stuff online. That's why I chose to make the fanfic slightly AU while still trying to keep it as close to cannon as possible. I'm trying to speed chapters up because it's going to be a little while until y'all return to the present and meet more present day characters. Right now, Zhongli and Xiao have the spotlight. But there will be more to come in this timeline!

It's been exactly two days since you have met Morax. You found it hilarious and couldn't stop laughing when you found out that despite being the one who invented it, he never had any on him so you had to wait for him to come back with the money.

Couldn't he just.. I don't know... Spawn them right there and then? You asked yourself. But he was already gone by the time you opened your mouth to ask him.

With a generous amount of Mora to spend, you were giggling like a kid that just received candy. You just know that this guy is very bad at managing finances.

Well, it's not like he'd need to.

You managed to secure yourself a house with a comfortable bed for at least a month in Liyue Harbor. It was situated further in the back and more towards nature, a bit farther away from people. Zhongli, as he requested to be called in public, had no problem making sure that your accommodations were on par even tho you insisted that you must stay out of people's radar for the time being.

He understood. Today is the day you are going to visit him. You didn't expect him to have a home considering that he doesn't need to eat or sleep.

Turns out, there are not many people that have houses directly situated in Liyue Harbor. He explained to you that as this place is a hot spot for contracts and businesses, many people that come here are from the outside of the city and those few who stay here, usually live in the same building where the business takes place.

You figured out that the city and time period are pretty safe for you to begin with. Yesterday you spent almost most of your time thinking about what the fuck you are in this world and all the possibilities that could come with having quite literally the highest sit in all three realms. There's a sense of pride and power but there's also the pressure of dealing with such a position but knowing anything next to nothing about how to use it.

You have a feeling that you've already interacted with the hydro element the day you bathed, and the force field you created was anemo-related. Since you're in the geo archon's region, it's fit that you must take advantage of it and learn geo.

Therefore, you asked for Zhongli's assistance, once again.

With a bag of almond tofu in your hands, you make your way towards Wangshu Inn.

"Damn, this stuff is pretty good." You say as you bite on another one. "If I'm not careful, I might end up eating all of them."

You bought almond tofu as a snack and you planned on sharing it with Zhongli when you meet up. The map he provided you with for directions is more useful than ever and you just figured out this morning that you have access to your pocket dimension!

You completely forgot about that.

Being used to your own world's rules it escaped your mind to check if any of the in-game features apply here too. With this new knowledge, you started buying a few more outfits, one of which you are wearing today.

He surprised you with a head covering as a gift. It reminded you of Hat Man, one of the few you wanted to give a hug to, so you took it with pleasure. Thanks to a certain someone, you know that the Fatui are not around either until after that event happens.