ACT 1 : Chapter 12

It was fast.

Incredibly so.

You went to sleep late, unable to close your eyes, and when it finally happened you ended up sleeping until afternoon and for the first time in months, you had a nightmare. So you had a shit sleep.

You woke up to a giant earthquake shaking you and throwing you out the bed. You were already dressed as you fell asleep with your modern clothes, your pajamas consisting of that shirt you originally had and the shorts you stole. And if that wasn't enough to wake you, the next things that are about to happen will surely do it.

As soon as your footwear made it safely on your feet, you sprung out of the room and almost collided with other people who were running down the hall as well towards the entrance.

Holy shit. This is it.

There were screams and rushed voices coming from everywhere and outside the inn, people were screaming and trying to get away from whatever. To your horror, you came to the sudden realization that the above was quite literally in the process of being destroyed and what you were seeing from afar was Teyvat's setting sky.

Did the dimensions just collapse on top of each other?! Why the fuck is that Teyvat's sky?!

Khaenri'ah's above was not a perfect replica, and its light system worked differently, meaning that it had two, one smaller than what you'd consider normal and very translucent while the other copied Teyvat's own. The former did not have a specific role and wasn't as important as the solid-looking one as it acted more like a reflection of the original. But what you're seeing on the horizon is truly Teyvat's sun in the sky.

"We're going to die!"

"Run!"

That's all you could hear. The ground underneath you cracked and it started to split away like little slabs. The underground entrance was barely holding and that was thanks to trees and rocks. The underground gates have been closed totally, forcing the outside citizens to try and flee. Unfortunately, the rock in front of you splits and the slabs got further away from each other, leaving you and a group of people stranded in front of the inn.

Yes, you have made a plan you wanted to follow, a guide to act after when this day came but who the hell would expect this shit? You thought the earthquake would just open up the ground and have people being slaughtered and the rest cursed, not witnessing the collapse of two worlds! All that time planning an escape route was sent to hell because it didn't matter anymore when you and others could be moments away from falling through your death.

If you don't do something, the dark pit is going to seal your fate for sure.

Nu-uh! Not today!

You slam your foot against the ground and it shifts, creating a pathway across the dark pit to the other side.

"You're a vision owner?!" One of the men behind you exclaims enraged.

"Uhhh... Yes?" You say, unsure. You weren't prepared for that question, honestly. You just woke up and the world is ending. The man looks you up and down.

"Where is it? I don't see it!"

Shit. I have to make something up quickly!

"That's because It's hidden?" You make a 'duuh!' face to make it look more convincing.

I can't lie to save my life. These guys look like they're about to rip me to shreds! What if they think I'm a mole?

"How did you pass through our systems?!" Another one yells.