ACT 2 - Chapter 4

Where are we going?!

When you tried asking him again he gripped your legs tighter and that immediately shut you up. 

Is he really that mad at me? And for what exactly?! 

He literally speed walks up the stairs and you see his expression in the corner of his eyes. He looks surprised for a moment. Then he sets you down and whispers "Don't run, little lady, I will find you.". 

Near the statue, you spot Amber and Aether as Kaeya makes his way towards them. You sweatdrop.

So he kidnapped me on the way to confront Aether?

"I'm surprised. You've actually got the power to go against the dragon." You notice that he doesn't clap like in the cutscene. You remember your friend watching that scene so many times it engraved itself in your brain with no hope of getting rid of it. He was so dramatic.

You spot Amber taking hold of an alarmed Aether as if she were ready to protect him.

She looks terrified of Kaeya even though they are on the same team. 

"Are you a new ally... or a new storm?" 

Aether's eyes then trail to you and it's like they lit up when he recognizes you. Kaeya takes notice of this and looks back at you suspiciously and you pretend that the rock slabs are more interesting than whatever is happening around you.

"Oh hey! It's crybaby girl!" Paimon's voice echoes all the way to you. 

You flinch and give her the side eye.

Take the hint, fairy thing! I'm not trying to be seen here!

"You know her?" Kaeya asks.

Amber seems to notice you too and looks confused between Kaeya, the Traveler, Paimon, and you. You're mentally face-palming as the attention is back on you yet again. 

"Well..." Paimon starts.

"No, not really." Aether continues.

"Yes, debatable."

You sigh and now Kaeya is the one looking confused and somewhat intrigued. 

"Damn it. How about you ignore me for now, don't worry I won't run," you eye Kaeya" and maybe talk about what just happened now? Like the dragon?" 

There was a moment of silence until Amber, bless her heart, decided to be the one to cut through the rising tension and direct the attention back onto the issue at hand by addressing Kaeya.

Your mind goes blank halfway through her explanation of the pair beside her. You don't want to be mean to her but you simply can't find it in yourself to be patient so for now you can only pretend to pay attention while tuning out her and everyone's voices. At some point, your tired legs force you to sit down and rest on the ground. 

After introducing them and giving him answers, Kaeya simply thanked them for the help - even though Paimon didn't do shit. I saw her, or lack of her. - and invited them both to the headquarters. When you asked him if you could come he shot you a smile that you know meant something else.

"I'm not quite done with you, yet. You're being arrested for theft." He says as he makes his way towards you. The duo couldn't do anything but watch as you got dragged away from them toward one building meant for interrogations. Aether's disappointed look does nothing to ease you. You can see he really wants to talk to you. 

"Oh, come on! I paid the owner back with more mora than I should and I stole them because I was half naked!" 

"Oh, is that do? And don't worry, sweetheart, depending on what your answers will be, your fate will be decided." He guided you both through the building to a room, where you take your sit without even him telling you to. "Fine. Go ahead now." You roll your eyes annoyed.