ACT 2 - Chapter 10

NOTE: This is a very long chapter. In the next one, your journey to Liyue will finally begin. 

Honestly, you expected it to be much harder, but as everyone said, you practically arrived at the scene an hour or two later, at a time that probably tired Dvalin out as much as it could. 

Nonetheless, it was a good challenge to hold him on the platform enough for those 3 to snoop his ass back to reality. If he would have taken off and dove in like a hawk, you're 100% sure you'd be the first to fall flat like a pancake then turn to shreds into his stomach. 

That's not my ideal way to die.

After you shared your plan with Venti, you offered to sing something with him to ease the mood, which obviously all three of you enjoyed.

You weren't sure if you were ever going to have the chance to ask him, but you were once again reminded of the strange thing Barbara had mentioned to you a while ago about some sort of other world of yours.

When you asked Venti about it, he confirmed its existence, but that he had never been there or seen it, which was incredibly disappointing, however, you promised to let him know when you found it. He suggested that Morax might know more about it and to ask him, or simply come clean to the Church, but you both know that's not ideal. 

The giant platform you guys fought on definitely reminds you strongly of the one in Venti's domain where it's not as ruined.

Luckily, soon, all this chasing and fighting will be over and you can finally ask Aether if you can accompany him on his journey throughout the nations. You'd love to visit Morax and spend some time with him.

You've got to know a little bit more about the sibling, here and there besides that he loves his sister very much. 

He doesn't deserve to be lied to, but I technically made a promise to keep her secret for now. Lumine is still my friend, despite...

You don't want to think about it anymore. 

After the Dvalin incident ended and everyone was dropped off, Aether and the rest of the team departed. Jean went back to file a report, Diluc went on about his business and the Traveler along with Paimon talked with Amber about the incident. 

You and Venti split again, knowing he probably went off to celebrate Dvalin's freedom with a song and a few drinks. He even promised to write one about you, and you were stoked about it. Allas, you decided to take TT for a routine and ultimately visit your dad in the Portrait for much-needed mental and emotional support. You haven't thought in a long time about home, but you definitely miss it every day and most of all, your own parents. 

"Ah, hello again, sweetheart." 

You feel an arm slide behind your shoulders, and a warm body barely touching your side, however it's enough to feel the heat.

Guess who? No need.

Kaeya's voice is next to your ears.

You sigh. TT glares at him and you feel him stomp his feet inside the satchel. 

"Your Majesty Y/N. Shall I strike him down?" Tiny Tim speaks under his breath. To Kaeya's ears, it just sounded like soft squeaks. He cooed at TT, which made your rabbit friend growl. You deadpanned at both of them.

"Why is it that every time you see me, you guys don't look happy?" Kaeya asks. He leans heavier on his side which also happened to be towards you.

I don't have the energy, man.

"Kaeya, it has been a very long day. I stink, I'm tired and-"

The blue-haired man raises a hand and you stop talking, confused.