ACT 1 : Chapter 11

The tea he's drinking does a good job of calming his nerves. It's been weeks since you've left his nation and entered the hybrid domain that seems keen on keeping him and the gods away.

Of course, he understood why you'd want to visit it, but the time is coming closer to an end and he can feel himself getting restless. Barbatos has come to visit him and he's no better than the older archon.

"Do you think She'll be fine?" The bard asks.

"I... Don't know. Last time I saw her, she was holding herself pretty good for a beginner but I doubt she could do much more than just try her best to evade and flee."

The younger male frowns.

"I have a feeling... That She'll be there. She tried to make me come out but I don't think I can yet."

When Barbatos told Morax ages ago of his last encounter with you, he choked. And ever since then, the poor bard can't look at you in fear that you may be upset with him despite all of your attempts to reassure him that everything is fine. But you didn't know he was there. He didn't get to you in time and you looked to be in a rough shape and sounded in distress before you were taken away by the same storm that took you away the first time too.

He should have paid more attention and maybe then, you'd be safe and sound, not off to some nation that he is about to destroy.

He regrets not coming out to see you. He didn't think you'd be gone for this long.

"Did she say when she'd come back?"

Morax shakes his head. "No. I wish I had an answer for that but I did not anticipate her to stay there for such a long time. She did hint that we may encounter her there but was not sure since she does not know when it will happen."

"There's not much time. And I'm afraid she may get hurt. You said she's part human, yes?"

"Yes, feels like it. But there is no denying that she's also Her Holiness."

"Come to think of it, I never expected Her Holiness to be... Part human."

"I suspect there is more we don't know about and the only one with answers is her, and her only. She is more connected to humans and their way of living than us."

"I expected as much... Was it strange?" Venti asks with a curious tone.

"I don't know what you mean about that." He eyes the bard as he takes another sip. A tiny smirk plays at the corner of his mouth, hidden by his cup.

"You spent most of your time with her. Was it strange?" Venti's eyes shine as his curiosity takes over.

Morax gives him a smirk that Venti doesn't quite know where to place.

"She's interesting. Especially her stories. She makes a good listener and a good partner to talk to. She's closer to humans, mortals, and their ways of living and at the same time, her behavior is so much different. Unpredictable, in a sense."

"Then I really missed out, huh? I kind of regret hiding away now." He sighs.

"Let's hope for the best now. And that when the time comes, she won't be there."

"You said it yourself... She's closer to humans than us. If she's anything like the old songs say, then she won't leave them to suffer alone."

"I'm afraid you're right about that, old friend."

The once tense atmosphere that surrounded Teyvat dissipated, however, for those who know what will come, the silence only meant only one thing. It's the calm before the storm that's about to unravel shortly. It's the last piece of silence and peace before the tension finally breaks and unleashes whatever horrors it had planned for the people living it.