ACT 2 - Chapter 5

NOTE :

Hi guys. I know things are kind of slow with updates. It's just that watching a gameplay and writing the dialogue is tiring and I'm writing for another JJK fanfic from time to time and possibly another GI but I don't think I will not post them until they are done or I reach a certain point in the story so when it's up people can read as much as they can without waiting for an update.

I don't have a schedule, I just write to whichever I feel more inspired to write for because if I'm not inspired or in the mood, it will fall apart fast.

And regarding the contest, I have an update for that. The OCs will appear during the Liyue storyline. That's all I can say for now.

---

Of course, things didn't go as planned.

Not even 10 minutes later, a commotion can be heard from the inside and a moment later Aether and Paimon burst through the doors running like their lives depend on it.

"Run!" Paimon screams. You and Venti jump on your feet and you feel him grab your hand.

"Follow me! I know a place!" He says and without another word, he starts running and you almost fall flat on your face however a gush of wind keeps you upright and you find it easier to run alongside with him.

Aether and Paimon follow behind, Aether launching himself into the air to glide and Paimon holding for dear life to his clothes.

"Don't let them escape!"

You hear more voices coming out of the building as you and Venti run smoothly. After multiple turns, you grin as soon as you see the sign and you remember where you're headed. All of you enter Angel's Share and stride forward with hurrying steps and carrying an odd sense.

Diluc and Charles stop talking as they stare at you all. You're breathing a little bit harder for air.

I need to start doing more cardio and shit.

"Hello there! We would like the most inconspicuous table you have." Venti says.

"You two again? What did you do this time?" The expression on his face hardens and the thought that he might refuse to hide you makes you panic.

Diluc looks at you and you look back at him, worried.

"Please?" You plead with him. He sighs. "The upstairs is pretty empty and it's hidden if you want a table, but don't think you'll be leaving without an explanation."

"Thanks!" Venti exclaims and without missing a beat you all rush up the stairs.

While Paimon, Aether, and Venti sat at the table you excused yourself and subtly made your way back to the rails and hid. Even with few customers in the area you still want to remain as invisible as possible.

You can see Diluc again as he's crossing his arms.

"Hey, keep an eye on them, especially the bard and the girl. Something is strange about them. I'm going to ask around."

Charles, asks confused. "Uhh... Ask who, exactly?"

To which Diluc turns to him with an annoyed expression. "The protectors of Mondstadt..." He responds with a tinge of disgust in his voice.

You know something happened to him but you didn't know he had a dislike for them.

Maybe it's because Kaeya is a Knight? Does he hate them because of Kaeya or does he hate Kaeya because of the Knights?